Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How often do you have sex with your partner?

(59 Posts)
Ilikeyoursleeves Tue 22-Oct-13 20:16:20

Just wondering what is 'average' if that exists? My DH went on a bit of a rant last night through his frustrations that we don't have enough sex. We do it about once a week, if even, sometimes it might just be two or three times a month. We have three kids and the baby is only just settling at night now so that's been a big factor for me but I don't think my libido is as high as his. It's not like he wants it every night but he said he thinks within a marriage it's not unreasonable to have sex 2-3 times a week. He's mentioned this before and has always accepted I'm knackered but last night he started to get quite angry about it and said he feels like a pervert when he makes advances to me and I turn him down. I can see his point so I said I will make more of an effort but he thinks sex shouldn't have to be an effort. But I also don't want to feel I have to do it now when I don't want to!

Any advice or help?! Thanks.

Littleboyx2 Sat 26-Oct-13 21:42:37

Every day, have baby few months old. But from what I understand/hear from friends this is unusual.

neiljames77 Sat 26-Oct-13 21:50:55

The fact that my kids are almost adults and it's a modern house with studded walls makes things very awkward. My wife has put a rolled up pair of socks between the headboard and the wall but the bed really creaks. Sometimes when they both stay at my Mums we can really go for it (the old woman who lives next door is deaf) and it's really good. The only other way we can do it is by spooning and me wriggling like a worm but it hardly seems worth it.

Keepithidden Sat 26-Oct-13 21:51:25

Darkest - Obviously I wasn't there so can't really disagree with your intepretation of the bloke friends comments. However I have seen similar stuff trotted out on MN to those who complain about a low sex drive from their partner.

Having said that you crossings-out do seem to be the more normal view, unfortunately.

RedCosmonaut Sat 26-Oct-13 22:08:49

Every couple of days for sure, sometimes more. Can't keep my hands off her really. I like to dress her up, and have her walk round the house in short skirts, slutty underwear, blouses. 4 kids, fifth on the way. Must be doing something right. She smiles a lot.

biscuit

WinterBlondie83 Sat 26-Oct-13 22:30:26

Surely it's always worth it 77?
Red, you made me laugh! Good for you if she's always smiling!
Usually around 4/5 times a week for us. Does depend on the week. Both have high sex drive (dh's higher probs) but it works smile

Casmama Sat 26-Oct-13 22:45:03

Neil- new bed may be a worthwhile investment!

neiljames77 Sat 26-Oct-13 22:58:14

That bed cost us £800 less than 2 years ago. It shouldn't be creaking like it does. Buying a new one isn't going to happen.

Noggie Sun 27-Oct-13 07:46:28

Averages are definitely just that- think it varies a lot and agree with what others have said re affects of kids/stress/general weariness!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now