Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

thank you Anyfucker - spot on

(95 Posts)
holstenlips Sun 20-Oct-13 19:01:22

Following my thread re my fiance sexting another woman. I told his mum who was very supportive of me.
Yesterday I found out shes said that because of my recent depression ive either made it all up or have totally overreacted.
Anyfucker warned me at that time to remember that blood is thicker than water. Well that is spot on. My x has also gone with her version of events. I felt so down about it yday. But then I remembered AF and her comment. Thank you.

holstenlips Tue 22-Oct-13 11:57:55

Cheers Meerka and AF/SF ♥

diddl Tue 22-Oct-13 12:05:52

When an ex was cheating on me, his mum came out with "well, loves a funny thing..."

Yup, fucking hilarious when you realise his whole workplace knew as well & were probably laughing at you.

You almost have to feel sorry for them.

I mean surely you can still love your son, but hate what they've done & tell them so?

holstenlips Tue 22-Oct-13 16:17:43

You would think so wouldnt you. He obviously is trying to avoid a shitstorm with his mum and so is blaming me

BOOsterseat Tue 22-Oct-13 19:37:56

How are you feeling today Holsten?

bigkidsdidit Tue 22-Oct-13 19:45:40

One f the main reasons I adore my PIL is that when their son cheated on his wife, they invited her and the children round for Christmas and disinvited him. That's how it should be, but dysfunctional families don't act wih compassion. I'd take her message with a massive sigh of relief that you are out of that family!

holstenlips Tue 22-Oct-13 19:57:37

Funny bigkids I did think the word "dysfunctional" about them today.
Im tired and muddled today Booster..trying not to analyse too much as I dont want to risk slipping into depression or even anxiety.
But my head is full of questions .am I to blame ?

BOOsterseat Tue 22-Oct-13 20:02:42

No you aren't my love, he was inadequate and you have standards. End of.

What is your next move? Any plans in the making? Also if you need a cheap laugh these never fail to make me laugh but I am easily pleased

holstenlips Tue 22-Oct-13 20:26:43

Thanks Booster. .I love Gord. So funny :-D

CookieDoughKid Tue 22-Oct-13 21:39:31

Hold your help up high because the fucker of your ex and his mil will not reach your station. Let go. Move on and do not give them anymore headspace than you already have as they aren't worth it.

You're not to blame.
They are.
They will always blame you because it's easier and their too fucking coward to report otherwise.

All the best op.

holstenlips Tue 22-Oct-13 22:51:53

Thanks Cookie

fuckbutfucky Wed 23-Oct-13 21:44:01

Bumping this for obvious reasons.
Hope no one minds.
Ta.

sittinginthesun Wed 23-Oct-13 21:50:50

Bump bump bump

Lora1982 Wed 23-Oct-13 22:40:06

Well clearly AnyFucker was spot on again, she's so useful to have around isn't she.

ZingAnyFucker Wed 23-Oct-13 23:48:49

bump

LineRunner Wed 23-Oct-13 23:54:27

That was good advice from AnyFucker from the get go.

CookieDoughKid Thu 24-Oct-13 00:06:45

bumpity bump

op - hope u are well today

and if you don't mind me saying
I can't believe AF has been banned!!
It's very uncool of you MUMSNET HQ

holstenlips Thu 24-Oct-13 08:03:23

Whaaaaat??? How on earth can that ever be ok?

BOOsterseatforAnyFucker Thu 24-Oct-13 08:55:39

Its not right is it Holsten sad

I've seen posters on here operating in a disgustingly insidious manner but because they are within the guidelines the posts can stay.

Its so unfair, not everyone likes AF but I she isn't malicious IMO.

diddl Thu 24-Oct-13 09:10:44

From what I can gather AF has been banned after ignoring warning(s).

Banned for a week.

TBH, if that's the case, I agree.

I don't see why anyone should be above the rules.

Wellwobbly Thu 24-Oct-13 09:23:41

AF banned???? Who complained?

There is a particular poster on MN who winds people up, then gets the responses deleted and the poster reported.

I have asked MNHQ to note who starts the escalation that gets complained about, but she continues to get away with it angry.

Well AF, come back soon.

BOOsterseatforAnyFucker Thu 24-Oct-13 09:30:41

But what about the MRA Diddl who come here to goad and cause harm? They stay within the guidelines while posters like AF try to counter them and show them women do have a voice.

Another case of a strong woman silenced.

I for one think that sucks.

diddl Thu 24-Oct-13 09:36:00

Well of course they should be banned.

But why shouldn't AF if she breaks the T&Ts?

Why rise to the deliberate goading & give them what they want?

Bogeyface Thu 24-Oct-13 10:48:40

Can AF still receive PM's?

Meerka Thu 24-Oct-13 10:58:06

I dont think so at the moment but Justine said the ban is only for 1 week and was after many warners. Mumsnet have said they are in email correspondance with her. www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/1890781-So-are-MNHQ-going-to-issue-a-statement-about-fuckergate?pg=2

Am glad its only for a week!

Meerka Thu 24-Oct-13 10:58:16

warnings* doh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now