Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do I tell my friend her boyfriend is cheating?

(27 Posts)
elsabel Wed 16-Oct-13 22:58:19

Ok, so just that really. Found out today that an affair my friend has suspected her boyfriend to be having for a while is true, and not just hearsay, a reliable source told me details etc. I imagine it makes me sound a terrible friend for even contemplating not telling her, but im not sure she would even LTB and the consequences could be terrible. Wwyd?

iamjustlurking Fri 18-Oct-13 08:55:39

I would especially if she suspects, but I would also point out it was up to her to do with as she wishes with the information and I would be there for her whatever no judging, I would just explain I couldn't not tell her in case it all came out at a later date.

When your partner has an affair for me one of the first things I felt was humilation and then thought who else knew, did everyone know but me ?

Wellwobbly Fri 18-Oct-13 09:47:53

I was desperate for an anonymous phone call, someone to tell me what my gut knew but he was denying, and my denial not wanting it to be true. Because in that fog lies insanity. The hurtful truth is so much better!

Go with what Leaven says, calm facts and then leave her with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now