Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Looking for a nice looking registry office??

(25 Posts)

Hi trying to find a nice registry office to get married very cheaply next year! We are in Lancashire but could travel to tie it in with holiday, would only be small approx 6 adults 3 kids
So far found Harrogate and Kendal registry offices look nice grin

Visitingtethersend Wed 16-Oct-13 15:16:51

Bakewell any good?

MimmeeBack Wed 16-Oct-13 15:27:03

You can get married at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park now. Beautiful!

Ooh I'll have a look! I think the fees for the reg attending the sculpture park plus the parks fees will make it too costly hmm but I'll have a peek!

Lweji Wed 16-Oct-13 16:14:36
BerstieSpotts Wed 16-Oct-13 16:33:41

Warwick has lovely gardens. The room itself is a little dated though.

bluemagpie Wed 16-Oct-13 16:34:16

There's some lovely buildings in the Cotswolds. Stroud, Cheltenham, Cirencester or Moreton-in-the-marsh?

MuthaHubbard Wed 16-Oct-13 16:35:26

Barrow in Furness?

bluemagpie Wed 16-Oct-13 16:44:05

Or Alnwick and Berwick are both lovely offices up in Northumberland.

MrsKitty Wed 16-Oct-13 16:50:43

Was going to say Harrogate but I see you've already gotit on your list. Went to a lovely wedding there a few years ago.

Choccybaby Wed 16-Oct-13 16:54:20

Harrogate registry office is lovely (I got married there so might be a tad biased).

You can have lovely pictures taken outside on the stray and there are plenty of nice places for lunch afterwards if that's what you're planning

ElizabethBathory Wed 16-Oct-13 16:56:27
JammyTodger Wed 16-Oct-13 16:58:17

Great Malvern is lovely and set in a beautiful park with lake, etc. Good for a holiday too smile

Wandastartup Wed 16-Oct-13 17:01:07

Cheltenham registry office is not nice(60's concrete at its worst!)
LIncoln is nice and Bath.

bluemagpie Wed 16-Oct-13 17:55:37

Hmm, maybe I was thinking of Gloucester or somewhere then!

tattiehowker Wed 16-Oct-13 18:03:37

Glasgow's is the former Italian Consulate. All fancy with statues etc dotted around.

Bath is lovely - we got married there.

Wow thanks they all sound lovely! Will start to look at them all now!

MudCity Wed 16-Oct-13 19:23:22

Carlisle or Brighton would be my choice. Good luck!

Loosingthebigkickers Wed 16-Oct-13 19:34:06

cockington court ..Devon

makemineabacardi Wed 16-Oct-13 19:43:12

I see wanda beat me to it - Cheltenham reg office is one of the worst Ive ever seen.

Definitely not Gloucester, registry office is not nice there either.

SisterMonicaJoan Wed 16-Oct-13 19:48:03

I got married at Kendal Registry Office!

Loved the dusty pink on the walls and I thought it had a very "war time" vibe. The free car park outside was a big plus for the guests. My photos turned out lovely. (I just wish that on the day I took a photo of the outside but I forgot to ask the photographer or one of the guests for one) sad

Congratulations thanks

Clargo55 Wed 16-Oct-13 19:51:27

Heartlands in Cornwall. It's an innovation centre with an old mine turned into a museum. They have a lovely modern ceremony room, beautiful grounds and a lovely free park for the children.

We got married in Bath too smile Bath is beautiful

Wandastartup Wed 16-Oct-13 20:38:27

Glad makemineabacardi agrees-Cheltenham ought to havea nice registry office but it really doesn't!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now