Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

what do u make of this text exchange?

(83 Posts)
rarerabbitt Wed 16-Oct-13 11:09:03

basically i accidentally stumbled on a text conversation when dps phone rang and it rang off back to the text page

a lot of texts from a womans name ive never heard of lets call her A

DP - what happened with u and x(male collegue)
A - nothing he just got cuddles like you smile
DP - well i think more happened with X
A- maybe ill propose u can be a bridesmaid
DP - great ill send u my dress size

a couple of days later

is B (another female name ) helping this week?
A - hope not shes useless theres a few people thatd like to slap her
DP you would definatly win in a fight when are you back? your much better looking
A not sure
dp - i need the eye candy

next day

DP any more news on u and X?
A no
DP does that mean im in with a chance?
A - no im staying away from boys
DP im going to jump of the nearest bridge then

later that evening when he was out at the pub

a pic of him and a male collegue
A - i miss my pals
DP we miss u too

what do you make of this i havent said anything yet but hes never mentioned this woman to me so i find it al a bit odd and upsetting i dont want him to think im snooping.

been together 9 years 2 dc and i thought we were happy enough sad

I think this is just banter. I don't agree with ALS though I'm happily with my DP and I have bantered like is with a male colleague and their was no chance of a shag ever happening

CloverkissSparklecheeks Wed 16-Oct-13 21:13:02

I would be really upset to find something like this on DHs phone, I would have to confront him! The bit about the 'cuddles' would really bother me.

I think banter only happens face to face, to go out of your way to text another woman is completely wrong IMO.

If I was you I would speak to him, you found it by accident, if it is innocent then he will not be cross with you - I think his reaction will tell you everything!

BeCool Wed 16-Oct-13 21:19:03

reads like he is making a huge twat of himself, but yes he is certainly trying to cop off with his colleague.

I would be very upset and question our relationship.

I've been on the receiving end of this kind of banter (though when I've been single) and they def wanted to shag me.

nopanicandverylittleanxiety Wed 16-Oct-13 21:45:49

I would be really bothered by this. Appalling behaviour, not just 'banter' at all x

maple

office tease? nothing the female said was untoward.

he on the other hand is trying his luck. op I would pull him up on this.

BigDomsWife Wed 16-Oct-13 22:07:41

He is trying very hard to get into her Knickers but she is (politely) telling him to fuckoff.

CloverkissSparklecheeks Thu 17-Oct-13 08:53:08

when I read your post hash I thought you were completely wrong about her but now I have reread it I think she is trying to be polite, the only thing she said was about the 'cuddles' that sounds a bit dodgy but out of contaxt could mean a cuddle when saying goodbye from a night out, something we would often do at work or with friends (not at work just after a night out).

Something similar happened to me recently with an old flame and I never told him to fuck off but I just replied to his messages in a very generic way but what he had said was fairly incriminating to him.

wallypops Sun 20-Oct-13 03:35:27

Ask your dp for a definition of cuddles?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now