Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Can she really be that happy?

(208 Posts)
neiljames77 Sun 06-Oct-13 16:08:17

I am married with 2 kids. I work in a factory and a woman in the office has been flirting and suggestive with me. She has a husband and young family and appears to be really happy with her set up. She wants us to go out for a drink but I've just laughed it off and told her to behave herself. I'm asking on this site because the forum I usually go on is 99% male and you can take a guess at what their responses have been. I am asking what to do on here because I believe I'll get more sensible answers. What can I do to let her know that I'm not interested without offending her and why is she behaving like this if she seems so happy?

Sunnysummer Mon 14-Oct-13 10:06:59

Oops, totally wrong thread! Will get removed blushblushblushblushblush

Ps she's not that happy but agree that staying away is the best plan.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Mon 14-Oct-13 10:07:02

Lovely advice but wrong thread?

InsultingBadger Mon 14-Oct-13 15:52:51

This happened to my dp, he told me, we laughed about it, he told her he wasn't interested, then we nick named her his girlfriend! No trust issues here, it was all done and dusted fairly quickly and with good humour. Just be tactful and honest.

no trust issues and presumably no concern that your husband is hanging out on mumsnet talking about issues he doesn't talk to you about and subtly insinuating you're an irrational psycho who might 'kick off' if he communicated with you.

kinda like a half decent relationship then insultingbadger grin would def prefer your marriage to the ops.

Lucca22 Mon 14-Oct-13 17:19:17

It's a dirty little set up........just bored people with hmmm to do.

Lucca22 Mon 14-Oct-13 17:23:32

......and why has my post been taken off? Strange people about.

DeathStar Mon 14-Oct-13 17:25:16

"Dating other people" casually or otherwise, should stop after marriage/joining the Galactic Empire - that includes hanging out with workmates permitting speculation and nasty gossip to start, which could do damage to your own happiness.

Lucca22 Mon 14-Oct-13 19:01:38

Oh no......there it is, silly me. Yeah anyway, say that - it works every time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now