Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

You all said LTB and now he's announced that we're finished

(29 Posts)
4paws Sun 06-Oct-13 08:18:51

The truth is always better than a lie apparently. He doesn't feel about me the way he should. He loves me but not in that way. Or not enough for me.

He's ok about me leaving the country with the kids. This will be hardest on him he says but he wants to be the bigger person here. He did say we could make the 'pragmatic' choice and stay together for the sake of the kids; so basically continuing life the same but with me accepting it. I said I couldn't live like that. I have spent 2 weeks now trying any way to get through to him but it seems his mind is made up. Tho now he's being nice to me and calling me 'baby'

Says there's no point in counselling. Even after everything I said before, I am absolutely gutted. Sorry. I have no idea how to link old thread. Help me. I'm trying to keep it together.

Aroundtheworldandback Sun 06-Oct-13 11:16:26

Donotrideonawhitehorse you are so correct. My exh de-humanised me and displayed such viscous contempt and hate to me to justify his affair and vile treatment of me and his dcs. Ten years on he still loathes me for 'having taken money' in maintainance for the dcs. So now he has a reason!

And the fact that I am now blissfully remarried to someone as good as he was bad, doesn't make it any better for him!

Aroundtheworldandback Sun 06-Oct-13 11:17:02

Donotrideonawhitehorse you are so correct. My exh de-humanised me and displayed such viscous contempt and hate to me to justify his affair and vile treatment of me and his dcs. Ten years on he still loathes me for 'having taken money' in maintainance for the dcs. So now he has a reason!

And the fact that I am now blissfully remarried to someone as good as he was bad, doesn't make it any better for him!

FarOverTheRainbow Sun 06-Oct-13 11:18:46

So sorry your going through this. My OH has just ended our relationship and I'm devastated, I love him and can't understand how he can walk awayfrom his family. MN has been great and I hope you get some RL suppor too thanks

Chubfuddler Sun 06-Oct-13 11:22:32

Crack on with making arrangements that suit you while he's feeling guilty and amenable. His attitude towards you could indeed easily turn later when he starts to feel angry about the guilt he's feeling, and decides to blame svst he sees as the source of the guilt - you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now