Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

TisILeclerc makes it to a year :)

(23 Posts)
TisILeclerc Tue 24-Sep-13 07:12:36

Snazzy yes that was me, but she has no need of a third party to inform now, she rocks grin

Thank you again all. And now <poof> TisILeclerc must return to hiding and become someone else... thanks smile

Somethingtothinkabout Mon 23-Sep-13 22:59:44

Whoohoo!

Well done to Tis. (and GS!)

<pompoms>

GettingStrong Mon 23-Sep-13 22:36:40

Ah thank you tis...I am indeed happier and so,so much calmer smile

AnyFucker Mon 23-Sep-13 22:29:04

Wow, I wondered what happened to you ! Congratulations.

Snazzyenjoyingsummer Mon 23-Sep-13 22:26:29

Wasn't it you who channelled news of GS back to us, TIC? I remember how kind that was of you. Glad to hear life is on the up for you, whatever you are calling yourself smile flowers

Charlesroi Mon 23-Sep-13 21:58:21

Congrats Tis. I'm pleased to hear life is good - you're a good person though smile.
Also pleased to hear GS is still here. Onwards and upwards!

TisILeclerc Mon 23-Sep-13 21:43:11

I have also name changed, but often think of you and wish you good things flowers, with more good things to come. That is an entirely mutual feeling, my lovely. I was so proud to have played a small part in your story and I often think of you and your lovely dcs and hope that you are happy with the events of the last few months smile

Loopytiles Mon 23-Sep-13 21:32:29

wine thanks

GettingStrong Mon 23-Sep-13 21:29:02

A whole year, wow and congratulations.

Here's to what will hopefully be a far more peaceful Year Two wine

I have also name changed, but often think of you and wish you good things flowers, with more good things to come.

TisILeclerc Mon 23-Sep-13 20:22:41

Thank you again. Just had a lovely meal with my dcs and will have a celebratory early night I think. The nights around this time last year were pretty sleepless...!

Trigglesx Mon 23-Sep-13 19:46:55

Wow - a year? So glad you're doing well! I was a nc'er but saw you on here loads. Well done and Happy One year!!

LemonDrizzled Mon 23-Sep-13 19:38:12

Have some birthday cake xxx

TheSilverySoothsayer Mon 23-Sep-13 19:33:19

<virtual somersault> here's to freedom wine wine <chink>

StickEmUp Mon 23-Sep-13 19:31:22

flowers

TisILeclerc Mon 23-Sep-13 19:30:01

Thank you all. I still catch myself sometimes not quite believing, or being taken unawares by the past but life is good.

joyful I will pm you soon my lovely. Ds2 and sleep have a turbulent relationship... hope all iswell with you.

BIWI Mon 23-Sep-13 17:42:04

Brilliant flowers

wordyBird Mon 23-Sep-13 17:40:07

Hurray, Tis! wine
A whole year!
I lurked on the EA thread for a while (on a fact finding mission )... was soooo pleased when you made that break.

I hope you go from strength to strength in your life.
flowers

I was thinking about you the other day and wondering if you were ok! I wasn't on MN for ages so I didn't realise you'd NCed. I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well! smile How are the children? Does DS2 sleep yet? (DS still doesn't... hmm).

Sending you wine and cake and flowers because you're lovely and you're amazing.

Good to see you. Well done!

TimidLivid Mon 23-Sep-13 17:18:59

I have followed your threads from the start, you helped so many and I'm glad you are out and living life. a whole year, well that is great and one year will stretch and stretch into a lifetime of peace from people who would harm you. Best of luck for the future

arthriticfingers Mon 23-Sep-13 16:58:54

Can't believe it is a year! All things good and better to you smile

MushroomSoup Mon 23-Sep-13 16:44:51

Hurray!!

TisILeclerc Mon 23-Sep-13 16:42:41

To those of you who remember my story (I have been unhappyhildebrand and hildebrandisgettinghappier as well as TisILeclerc) I just wanted to say that today marks a whole year since I got out of a 16 year abusive marriage.

There have been more than a few hiccups along the way but I’m still standing, I’m happy, I’m free. Most importantly, I'm me.

I still have my 'fan' club – those people who ensured I was no longer safe using MN as Tis, but there have been so many others who have helped enormously. Many of you know who you are, many of you won’t. But to each and every person who helped me – a huge thank you. I think of the support network here as being a chain of interwoven links. I have received help and I have given help, and we are all stronger because of the links we form. Although I don't post under this name, I refuse to let myself be censored entirely, so I'm still here, just under a different name. Or sometimes two... wink

MN, you nest of vipers, you ROCK and I am so grateful I plucked up the courage to post about my screwy life for the first time in June 2012. I've come so far since then smile thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now