Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Please help! I'm admitting defeat now. It's won!

(82 Posts)
BimboJimbo Mon 23-Sep-13 08:53:05

I've been suffering with anxiety and panic attacks for a year but now it's crippling me.
It's taken over. I can't fight it anymore.
Im sitting here dizzy and faint, don't feel like I'm in reality. I can't go out. I have no energy.
This has won.
I can't see a way of getting out of this.
I think I need help! Im going mad aren't I?
No one here to help!
I have two DC to look after!

BimboJimbo Thu 26-Sep-13 14:38:04

Thank you for the links will have a read. DH has gone to work now, so just me and DC. We have been round to the shop and had a chat with the neighbour. Feeling ok at the minute. Just got to get through until bedtime. Dinner is prepared. Thank you for being here when I need to talk

Jux Thu 26-Sep-13 15:08:32

Could your dad come and get you and dcs when your mum has her op? Helping to look after her while being back there, may help you relax but also get you emotional support for your feelings about your mum as you won't be the only one feeling it. Furthermore, your dcs may bring her happiness and distraction when she's feeling anxious. I know some people would think that was a mad idea so feel free to completely ignore it.

BimboJimbo Thu 26-Sep-13 15:21:37

No that sounds like a great idea. Mum loves seeing the DC when she is poorly as she says it's make it better. When my nan died, my mum wanted DCs all the time, as they distracted her thoughts and cheered her up. I think I will go spend some time with DM and Df after the operation.
Have printed out the self help cbt, so thank you. Going to have a good read later. Need more printer ink now!

BigArea Tue 01-Oct-13 09:32:31

How are you Jimbo?

BimboJimbo Wed 02-Oct-13 17:24:34

Hello, Sorry havent been about.

Ive avoided this thread as thinking about that day when I first posted, makes my stomach flip. I dont want to go back there.
My sister has been a star! I stayed at her house from sunday and came back last night! Ive even been driving! Havent really seen DH so no stress coming from there.
DD starts pre school monday!! 4 afternoons a week.
DH has been working a lot and I Havent been home much so its nice to be me again for a few days.
Im slowly starting to enjoy my own company again in the evening when he isnt here.

So everything is going ok at the moment.
BUT....
Ive had highs before and I know it could come crashing back down as fast as it went up. Trying to stay hopeful. Cant wait for CBT starts too.

Thankyou for checking back in on me smile

Jux Wed 02-Oct-13 18:06:21

When you go to your mum's, would you tell your dad how your dp treats you? You don't need to have a sit down serious talk, but find out if he ever called your mum cunt? Just ask. And ask, if your mum had panic attacks driving would he insist she pick him up. And if your mum were exhausted with the kids, would he have done something to give her a break or sat there 'thinking' but coming up with "nothing, sorry".

TheBakeryQueen Fri 04-Oct-13 17:20:45

You sound like you're doing really well in very difficult circumstances.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now