Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Wendy

(7 Posts)
SoThisIsHowYouNameChange Sat 07-Sep-13 12:36:09

Bbq wendy was fairly recent. Was it in chat, aibu, or here?

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 07-Sep-13 12:21:47

Yes I'd love an update too from the BBQ Wendy OP hope she's doing fab and Wendy got her comeuppance smile

BerylStreep Sat 07-Sep-13 12:16:34

I can't remember who the OP was in that.

There have been several threads since, by others, about Wendy's, but I always remember that the first Wendy thread involved particularly vicious behaviour. I would also love to know how she is getting on and hopefully she has a lovely new circle of friends.

ProphetOfDoom Sat 07-Sep-13 12:15:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

I would like to know how the OP of that thread is doing these days and if she ever had any resolution with that woman and the others.

I never see her name anymore, nc perhaps?

BerylStreep Sat 07-Sep-13 12:11:09

Yes, a Wendy is an alpha female who alienates all your friends from you - often for supposed crimes of which you will never become aware.

The original wendy thread was in chat, and doesn't exist any more. It was called 'Why do some people have such a hold on others?' or similar, and the OP had a 'friend' who for the purposes of the thread, was called Wendy. It resonated with a lot of posters, and Wendy soon became a verb - to Wendy, or to have been Wendied.

To my knowledge, the OP never did find out what unforgivable slight she had done to Wendy to warrant the nastiness. All of her friends seemed to know what she was alleged to have done, but refused to divulge it to the OP, and all sided with Wendy.

NotYoMomma Sat 07-Sep-13 11:57:00

So is a Wendy somwone who makes friends with your friends and then sidelines you and makes you out to be unreasonable if you complain?

where can one find the original Wendy thread where it got it's name?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now