Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

newly single after 13 years and scared of being alone

(26 Posts)
bumpsnowjustplump Fri 06-Sep-13 20:44:12

Sorry for dramatic title but I have recently become a single mum, I am almost 40 and have 3 young children who I devote all my time too. When ex moves out I will have weekends where they are not here and I will be on my own.. I have never been away from them, my friends all have partners and weekends are family time for them, What will I do? The thought of being away from my children and being on my own added with the grief of splitting with my partner is overwhelming me. He was emotionally abusive and controlling so most of my friends think I should be glad but I still feel devastated..

Viking1 Thu 12-Sep-13 08:34:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now