Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating Thread 63- disappearers, wedding bells and dodgy eye candy, all are welcome

(1000 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

hostesswithleastest Thu 05-Sep-13 23:36:09

Oops that title may have put off newcomers :D

Anyway.... the old thread is dead long live the new!

Winefiend Fri 06-Sep-13 22:30:51

I reet miss DJ Ike

So much woo on here it is unreal.

Nora HAVE YOU BOOKED YWR FLIGJT

KinNora Fri 06-Sep-13 22:32:30

NO ! ( I think he's just being polite )

Winefiend Fri 06-Sep-13 22:34:28

Hahaha oh dear grin

Generally I type and auto correct after as my keypad is miniscule but it was not to be this eve.

Ok, so Nora have you booked your flight yet (caps lock has lost effect now)

I am spending this eve streaming the new Arctic Monkeys album. It is sexaaaaaaay. Going oot themora so we shall see.

Winefiend Fri 06-Sep-13 22:36:08

Nora fackin hell you understood that? One for the CV you know: multilingual: I speak English and Pisshead.

KinNora Fri 06-Sep-13 22:47:57

That was nowt to a woman of my calibre Wine, I used to be able to interpret drunken Geordies - oh yes.

Winefiend Sat 07-Sep-13 01:46:41

Nora you are a woman of amazing talents. Multi lingual.

Rather than go out and terrorise converse with gentleman, I have spent a pleasant evening drinking wine, listening to me new bloke Alex (he isn't aware of it yet), spooning Nutella into me gob.

Then (not sure why but possibly spurred on by 'why do you always call me when you're high' and a spate of uh oh I do that) I deleted every text and number on me phone belonging to a bloke that wasn't a friend (or amicable lovely ex). It was actually very liberating.

In an odd state of bliss. Though that might be the Nutella.

KinNora Sat 07-Sep-13 07:52:08

Morning everyone,

Wine that does sound liberating, apart from the Nutella by the spoonful. A contact purge can be quite cathartic.

Yoga it's lovely to hear you sound so happy, yay SnS !

Where's my frickin' woo ? Where ? I'm a woo-free zone.

Have a spectacular Saturday and 49, don't disappoint us.

49howdidthathappen Sat 07-Sep-13 09:42:02

Yoga Very, very happy for you smile

Wine The wonders of Nutella!

Will do my best Kin Have to get it out there.

Have a woo-full Saturday everyone.

Winefiend Sat 07-Sep-13 12:38:48

Nora I am woo-less too, you can share me Nutella if it helps. Lovely on croissants y'know.

49 What Nora said grin

MirandaWest Sat 07-Sep-13 12:40:17

My DC seem to have eaten all the Nutella hmm

Winefiend Sat 07-Sep-13 12:42:55

Miranda Definitely a grounding offence that one sad

MirandaWest Sat 07-Sep-13 13:01:03

Well seeing as none of us have got dressed yet this is probably a good thing smile

I need some motivation to tidy up. It's my birthday tomorrow (smile) and then Mr Nice and I going away to Italy for a week on Tuesday smile but my mum and dad are coming on Monday which requires a little housework to be done....

OhWesternWind Sat 07-Sep-13 13:10:26

I keep hoping Ike will reappear in all her glory ...

49 oh you just have to say something tonight. You two are so lovely, MrR&R is one of the real thread heroes.

Yoga so pleased all is going so well with SnS.

Nora and Wine woo woo woo ... Wafting some in your direction and hoping like I don't sound like Halloween's come early

Well things are just so good with Alpha. No words for it, it's like a lovely dream. I just cannot believe I found such a wonderful man. I am totally loved up at the moment. Seeing him again tonight, going to take the dc bowling. I think I love this man but it just seems far too soon to be feeling like this so am keeping quiet about it

lovelybunchofcoconuts Sat 07-Sep-13 13:36:29

OWW that's splendid smile

Where/why has Ike gone?

brokenhearted55 Sat 07-Sep-13 13:53:18

What are the best sites other than eharmony.

I need to start again sad

scrazy Sat 07-Sep-13 13:57:29

Just place marking, still lurking and I enjoy reading all your success stories. I'm really busy atm so not dating at all.

I might have drunk text recently, I never do this normally so must have had one too many. Fortunately I woke up the next morning to replies of lovely to hear from you and can we meet up soon, so all OK grin

lovelybunchofcoconuts Sat 07-Sep-13 14:06:44

brokenh are you alright?
RE dating sites:
Are you in a city or the country?
Do you want to give eharmony a miss?

brokenhearted55 Sat 07-Sep-13 14:35:26

Not ok coconuts. I am in the capital

lovelybunchofcoconuts Sat 07-Sep-13 14:48:42

Brokenh sorry you aren't ok, anything we can do to help?
When I've had a crap time there is always someone on here who knows about it.
If you aren't ok are you sure you want to go Online dating again?
You need a thick skin for it.

From what I've learned on these threads there should be plenty of choice on London.
POF is busy but being free means there are a higher proportion of dishonest people.
OKC is also busy, their matching criteria mean some have had success.
Match is also busy and good.
Guardian Soulmates is good in cities (not much use if you like rurally) also depends on your politics.
My Single Friend reduces the possibility of meeting a nutter because they have found at least one person who is prepared to endorse them.

I will say it again though, are you sure you want to get out there now?

lovelybunchofcoconuts Sat 07-Sep-13 14:50:45

Sorry - in London not on London
and live rurally not like rurally.

Bant Sat 07-Sep-13 15:26:18

I don't think 'my single friend' (which strangely autocorrects to 'musing lefties') does guarantee that someone has a friend who can endorse them. I haven't looked, tbh, but surely it just needs a different email address, or at worst a different FB profile, address, or bank account details ; which would be possibly over the top.

Apart from the last one, all those are easy to fake. I could write a glowing recommendation about me in the name of Steve, a plumber from droitwich or lawyer from Barnsley, who I went to school with, and who is completely fictional, if I wanted to.

Match has got me most dates, OKC has got me better ones

KinNora Sat 07-Sep-13 15:34:02

Broken I can't add anything to the excellent advice Lovely has given you but are you sure that it might not be better to take a break and re-gather your strength first ?

Lovely re Ike - she was unjustly banished from MN while others who were utterly culpable still peddle their own particular brand of rubbish on the site.

lovelybunchofcoconuts Sat 07-Sep-13 15:39:38

Kin thanks, that's a bloody shame.
I liked Ike she was funny sad

KinNora Sat 07-Sep-13 15:43:23

Oh and 49 agree with OWW, Mr R&R represents a mythical zenith of dating perfection as far as I can see.

OWW it's so lovely to hear the way you talk about Alpha, warms the very cockles of my cynical old heart.

Just making arrangements for a date with STD Man and giving him health advice, I may start charging these men , or is that a whole new profession ?

KinNora Sat 07-Sep-13 15:45:07

Lovely yes it is, it's a huge shame.

I can pass on her okc details to anyone who wants to contact her, she does still read the thread from time to time.

This thread is not accepting new messages.