Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating Thread 63- disappearers, wedding bells and dodgy eye candy, all are welcome

(1000 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

hostesswithleastest Thu 05-Sep-13 23:36:09

Oops that title may have put off newcomers :D

Anyway.... the old thread is dead long live the new!

kittykat10 Fri 06-Sep-13 12:59:36

We'd exchanged numbers but never said about dates, one said he'd been busy but my friend had seen him o n pof a fair bit

superdooperpenguin Fri 06-Sep-13 14:21:04

I've revamped my POF profile with new pics and am currently speaking to 3 men, all very different. No 1 is a 30 something gardener, no 2 is a 40yr old pharmacist and no 3 is a 27 yr old Swedish lorry driver! I am in lust with no 3 wink

Good luck to all those with weekend dates - I have a date with Ben & Jerrys tonight!!

DadfromUncle Fri 06-Sep-13 15:14:41

Good luck to all weekend daters (and non-daters)

rubbishfamily333 Fri 06-Sep-13 15:25:41

Secret - I like bants response wink

Well I went on POF a few nights ago and has a few messages! One guy that messaged me is very good looking and said he had to message me grin we exchanged a few messages now he hasn't responded hmm I added him to favourites last night and still not heard from him.

I have also been messaging a guy that is a personal trainer who has just started work as an English teacher. He has an amazing body! But when messaging the tone seems a bit like firing questions instead o friendly chat! He asked if I have whatsapp and then sent me a few pictures which I didn't ask for but were very nice and asked if I had any pictures. I have about four on POF surely that's enough? I'm very critical of my own photos and hate sending them!

OhWesternWind Fri 06-Sep-13 15:56:01

Penguin that sounds a bit of a mixed bag but plenty of potential!

Family I would be a bit wary I think as this type of thing can often be the precursor to a request for more erm intimate pictures. If you don't want to send them, then don't - as you say there are plenty of pictures on your profile and that's more than enough. Some people aren't very good at the online chat, though, especially if they're not very good at typing which does tend to restrict the flow of conversation if you're typing words out very very slowly with one finger. Hope the other one comes back but if not, you know what to do. Next!

Good luck to everyone who's out this weekend - who's on a date?

Secretservice Fri 06-Sep-13 16:02:27

Just a quick drop by supposed to be working!
But wanted to say yes, OWW I have seen his poetry he presented a folder of them within minutes OD sitting down! Had to skim read while he looked at me expectantly!

KinNora Fri 06-Sep-13 16:19:54

Secret there can never be any excuse whatsoever for foisting amateur poetry on a person. Never.

I feel strongly about this kind of human rights abuse.

SweetSeraphim Fri 06-Sep-13 16:49:28

Secret that is dreadful! How awkward. And... worraknob! grin

Bant Fri 06-Sep-13 19:16:34

Amateur poets
Think they are wise and unique,
But they are just knobs.

Moanranger Fri 06-Sep-13 19:16:49

Noragrin
Meet Up guy cooking tonight. DCs down tomorrow. Interestingly, the lateness thing that was sort of bothering me seems to have faded away. Basically, he is on time when needs must, but otherwise is a bit Latin in his time-keeping.
I can deal with it.
Better than STBXH who was a real watch tapper.

KinNora Fri 06-Sep-13 19:23:08

Moan is 'watch tapper' a euphemism for 'wanker' ?

Bant that was just beautiful <emotional face>

49howdidthathappen Fri 06-Sep-13 19:41:08

If I stay reasonably sober tomorrow night I may mention the 'M' word, if I get hammered I will only be interested in lurrve wink

OWW We know you will have a fab time smile

Moan R&Rs time keeping has improved for no discernible reason confused

Secret Poet sounds like he has found the 'one', umm Poet grin

lovelybunchofcoconuts Fri 06-Sep-13 19:41:57

Evening new fred and evening everyone on it.

Bant grin

Kin also grin

In my news I'm back at work smile and back with Ironman although I'm taking it steady as I'm a bit hmmmm about it. There will be no more talk of moving in together for a good while, which suits me fine.

Snapespeare Fri 06-Sep-13 19:54:55

Nameless back off to nameless land. At the station he mentioned that he'd left his spare toothbrush here. This is good, yes? Kids have been wuestioned and really like him. And he drew the tenor cups from the tarot deck I leave next to the bed. <woo alert!>

'The Ten of Cups is also a very positive card in terms of romantic relationships and may indicate either the beginning of a new, very happy relationship, or the ultimate satisfaction of a long-term relationship. Commitment and love are the requirements of such satisfaction, yet this card promises that with the required effort a lasting love can be built. The time will also be made for the enjoyment of pleasures, which may be shared with another person whom you love.'

blush

Oh, he's lovely!

MirandaWest Fri 06-Sep-13 19:57:24

It is all very good Snape smile

<tries to decide who to bet on for first thread wedding>

MirandaWest Fri 06-Sep-13 20:00:00

Mr Nice is in Scotland with his DS, leaving him at university. He's coming back here tomorrow. Is my birthday on Sunday. Had told the DC that Mr Nice might be a bit sad after saying goodbye to his DS and my DS suggested he could "come here and sleep in the same bed as you because I think he'd like that".

Surprising but nice bit of empathy from 9 year old DS there grin

KinNora Fri 06-Sep-13 20:35:39

That's very touching and thoughtful of your ds, Miranda.

Lovely so you've set your mind at rest about the issues that were bothering you ?

Snape are you hogging da woo ?

OWW have a lovely time with splendid Alpha

49 In the words of Mrs Doyle - gowan, gowan, gowan, gowan, gowan , gowan !

I have nothing to report apart from text flirting with Spud which he totally started and which I know is a really bad idea

kittykat10 Fri 06-Sep-13 20:46:58

Well he said he may see me tmoz but I've played it cool said get your jobs done !
I want to but we'll don't want to see easy lol

ALittleStranger Fri 06-Sep-13 20:56:14

Sends vibes urging 49 to stay sober

MirandaWest Fri 06-Sep-13 21:05:24

Ah yes we need a sober 49 grin

Bant Fri 06-Sep-13 21:43:20

I still miss a drunken ike though

49howdidthathappen Fri 06-Sep-13 21:48:13

Miranda What a lovely little chap smile

Kin A really bad itch is difficult impossible not to scratch.

I may need a little Dutch courage. He will need a lot grin

49howdidthathappen Fri 06-Sep-13 21:50:06

Don't we all Bant

KinNora Fri 06-Sep-13 21:52:08

Yes 49 it certainly is.

Maybe Ike will come back but she was threatening to go on a health kick and get sensible the other day - shock

Yogagirl17 Fri 06-Sep-13 22:01:15

Hello, good evening! I'm going to stop apologising for not keeping up.

Nice Haiku Bant - have you got a whole book of them I could read?

All still going very, very (did I mention very?) well with SnS. We speak on the phone almost every night and we have almost a whole weekend planned together - first time we'll have been able to spend more than a few hours together. I've even mentioned him to my kids which is a first for me. DS thinks it's nice but funny that "mummy has a booyyyfrieennnddd". grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.