Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating Thread 63- disappearers, wedding bells and dodgy eye candy, all are welcome

(1000 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

hostesswithleastest Thu 05-Sep-13 23:36:09

Oops that title may have put off newcomers :D

Anyway.... the old thread is dead long live the new!

OhWesternWind Wed 11-Sep-13 09:11:20

And Stranger of course but did you say you don't FB?

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 11-Sep-13 09:13:07

Snapespeare

Does MNHQ have access to PMs? I know I've reported some in the past and not quite sure what the outcome was.

(Can you tell I'm a negotiator?)

Yes, we can see PMs - but please report those you want us to look at (or we wouldn't know where to start)

And - arf grin

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 11-Sep-13 09:54:19

KinNora

MNHQ, Bant is unable to access his account and PMs to bring to your notice the personally insulting messages he was sent and wishes to bring to your notice.

Noted - thanks. We will take a look.

Kirstywirsty Wed 11-Sep-13 11:39:32

OWW and me!! .. Can you pm me the group details? I don't think anyone can look me up by name

OhWesternWind Wed 11-Sep-13 12:15:04

Oh no sorry Kirsty!

lubeybooby Wed 11-Sep-13 13:08:39

have pm'd you Kirsty

unBant Wed 11-Sep-13 13:14:52

Hello....

Thanks to everyone who said such lovely things. I'm normally, as you know, a macho type of guy, think Chuck Norris, Stallone, that kind of thing. But I was sitting looking at the screen last night getting all emotional and everything.

You're all wonderful.

MNHQ came back to me, said that they were right to ban me as another poster and I had had bad blood in the past, and I'd been warned before.

I, of course, always think I'm right, but then I would, as that's human nature. They're trying to act impartially, responding to the things that upset people, and following their policies. They do have a very very good point and so thanks to them for reconsidering this.

I promise to be good.

Aaaaannnnyyywwaaaayyyy... Anyone got a date lined up?

JoNesbo Wed 11-Sep-13 13:19:07

grin

lubeybooby Wed 11-Sep-13 13:20:27

welcome back grin

JoylessFucker Wed 11-Sep-13 13:21:25

Date ...? Nope, only at interviewing stage. Although I do seem to have a replacement FWB smile Mind you, that's always the easier recruit.

Anyone else, Kitty when are you seeing Mr Car next?

JoylessFucker Wed 11-Sep-13 13:22:17

Oh & great to see both our banned lovelies back grin wine grin

OhWesternWind Wed 11-Sep-13 13:25:53

That sounds good Joy! Tell more . . .

News from me - Alpha has got the all clear!! More than relieved, in fact I had a little cry in the loo this morning when he texted me. Good times ahead (especially tonight, he is going to be a broken man) grin

Hoping all the lurkers who've appeared will carry on posting.

BringMeTea Wed 11-Sep-13 13:34:09

Hurrah for the dating thread! Long time lurker here who felt compelled to comment after knowing the 'history'. I hate to see injustice. Very pleased to see that MNHQ has listened.

Oh, and that is just great news OWW. Fill yer boots??

OhWesternWind Wed 11-Sep-13 13:40:00

Something like, Tea . . . Can't wait. Life feels very good today.

JoylessFucker Wed 11-Sep-13 13:40:17

Ooooooo errrrrrrrr OWW does he know just how broken? wink

I am utterly delighted at Alpha's news and especially pleased that one of our thread's success stories is racing on. Have fun lovely!

Replacement FWB is clever, witty, great company and shall be called Cyberman. Oh & he gives a great aromatherapy massage too grin

Kirstywirsty Wed 11-Sep-13 13:48:13

Yay for Alpha OWW .. Does he know what he is letting himself in for???

MsApprehension Wed 11-Sep-13 13:52:45

OWW Hooray!
unBant Hooray!
Joy Potential hooray!

kaumana Wed 11-Sep-13 14:00:09

Yay! Glad to see normal service has resumed << skulks back to lurkdom>> grin

lubeybooby Wed 11-Sep-13 14:00:13

Hello BringMeTea please do stick around grin

yay for lurkers joining in!

OWW I am so grinny for you!

Joyless grin

JoylessFucker Wed 11-Sep-13 14:06:22

No, no, no ... lurkers please stay. You've all shown your true colours in their magnificent peacocky splendour wink Seriously, its been great and it makes the thread even better when there are so many voices.

BringMeTea Wed 11-Sep-13 14:10:39

Aw you guys are ace. But i am not a dater so don't feel have much to contribute. Just love following your stories and feel genuinely happy when it comes good for folks.

SweetSeraphim Wed 11-Sep-13 14:56:21

I'm not a dater either Tea, I just hang off their coattails around with these women grin

kittykat10 Wed 11-Sep-13 15:07:37

We are seeing each other on Saturday I think. But we text .most days as well.

KinNora Wed 11-Sep-13 15:12:00

Well now that's all very much better, isn't it ? <settles into comfy date thread armchair and rests brew on the side>

Seconded/thirded/whatevered, please stay around lurkers - it's everyone welcome here.

lubeybooby Wed 11-Sep-13 15:18:37

I guess I'm not a dater either now really as coupledom is confirmed and haven't been about much recently but this thread is my actual precious baby and anyone single/dating/not dating/coupled/married/whatever is welcome... having a range of opinions on stuff is v good!

This thread is not accepting new messages.