Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The Brave Babes Battle Bus - Travelling Far And Wide, With Sobriety In Mind.

(1001 Posts)
Mouseface Wed 04-Sep-13 15:02:33

Welcome to the Bus one and all! I'm Mouse, one of the Brave Babes smile

We have a new line that we're taking with us on every journey, thanks to one of our wonderful Babes, Curry -

Alcohol Fosters Inertia.

So when you're drinking excessively, nothing changes, or improves, the sharp edges of our lives just becomes that little bit less in focus, blurred and all you feel is numb. Then like shit (emotionally, as well as physically) if you're honest! Who wants that?

You are only ever better/pacified/happy whilst the alcohol is in your system. And that doesn't last........... it's not a cure, it's a quick fix. A sticking plaster.

So, if you think you're drinking too much, and want some friendly advice, or just to come and have a chat, get to know others who are just like you, who won't judge or criticise you, then hop on board! smile

We're a really mixed bunch and all at different stages of our journey to find sobriety or certainly drinking in a more controlled, less dangerous way.

And, if you'd like to see where we've been so far, have a look at the links below smile

LAST THREAD

THE STARTING POINT AND WHY WE'RE ALL HERE

ruralreynard Fri 27-Sep-13 15:17:45

Isinde A very late Happy Birthday to you for yesterday blush.Well done my friend for staying AFgrin You are ahead of me. I thought about it and can't remember an alcohol free birthday. Even with 4 dc's only once was I pregnant on my birthday but then didn't know until about a week after.
Well done unhappy keep going.
In fact well done to all you fantastic babes who are not drinking whether its one day or years AF.
Incider forget yesterday, you did a day you can do it again. ODAAT, keep trying every af day is a victory.
I haven't posted for a couple of days as I dIdn't want to fess up and admit i failed again. Serial offender still and so angry with myself.
I managed 2 days and then slugged back a bottle on Wednesday.
AF yesterday so on day 2 again. The WW is calling already thats how bad i have got.
I will not be drinking today hmm
With that in mind,off to walk the dog smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.