Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dh keeps doing something I don't like in bed

(561 Posts)
Moochicken Mon 02-Sep-13 22:10:43

Without wanting to go into too much detail, dh keeps doing something during sex which I don't like. I ask him not to and after a few minutes he does it anyway.

It doesn't happen every time but he did it again last night. He apologized after and said he won't do it again (he says this everytime) and now he can't understand why I'm still pissed off.

How seriously would you take this? If I said no and stopped sex he would listen and would never force me to do something but I still feel uncomfortable that he basically ignores my wishes.

MissDD1971 Fri 06-Sep-13 16:52:32

Chocolate starfish.

I had a SO (now ex) who wanted anal. it was worse cos years before I'd done it with another SO (who went on to be my fiance but then we split).

I told the other SO and he kept pestering me for anal. annoyingly so. he eventually rimmed me when we were away for a weekend in Copenhagen. I hated that too. No we didn't last.

FrigginRexManningDay Fri 06-Sep-13 16:53:39

I am out of it,but many people arn't and sometimes I think when a thread like this highlights the bad in their relationships they need to rationalise it because they are conditioned to do so.

Fairenuff Fri 06-Sep-13 16:55:48

FRMD I'm sorry you were put through that, well done for getting out of it.

FrigginRexManningDay Fri 06-Sep-13 17:04:50

Thank you everyone for your wishes.

I needed time from my first post to articulate what I wanted to say so it came out right. I think for a lot of people on this board in abusive relationships have been slowly cooked little things and little things over time. Its difficult for it to be reflected back at hem in glaring technicolour.

blueskiesandbutterflies Fri 06-Sep-13 17:23:58

Friggin that's so awful. Your ex sounds delightful. Sorry you had to go through that.

SparkyTGD Fri 06-Sep-13 17:37:54

Sorry what you have been through Friggin and glad you got out.

Have also reported thread.

perfectstorm Fri 06-Sep-13 17:47:02

Also reported.

PrincessFlirtyPants Fri 06-Sep-13 18:02:20

Yep, reported. I'm concerned that some of the abusers who have descended on this tread maybe getting off on some of the horrific experiences posters have shared.

MrsMinkBernardLundy Fri 06-Sep-13 18:24:15

FRMD sorry for your terrible experiences.

I needed time from my first post to articulate what I wanted to say so it came out right

You articulated it amazingly well. A brilliant and moving post about the death by 1000 cuts that is domestic abuse.

thanks

Johnny5needsinput Fri 06-Sep-13 19:11:49

Frig sad

Oh dear lord frigging I could have written that word for word. Youre out, I'm out. But so many arent and threads like this do so much damage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now