Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Is this pic strange?

(142 Posts)
wherewouldyoulive Sun 01-Sep-13 13:06:45

Many years ago, after I first met my husband he went holiday to Ibiza with a group of friends. One of the pics taken at that time was with his female hometown friend and he was standing with her puting his hand on her waist. Is this anything strange?

123bucklemyshoe Sun 01-Sep-13 21:37:30

If this is all you have to worry about then you should count your blessings and get on with your life....

LEMisdisappointed Sun 01-Sep-13 22:05:30

OP, are you feeling quite well?

May i ask why you are seeing a counsellor on tuesday?

i see a counsellor due to anxiety and depression, sometimes i can have quite warped ideas about things and am very insecure.

wherewouldyoulive Sun 01-Sep-13 22:27:35

HeySoulSister, why is it interesting they are still friends? He has many tometown male and female friends who are all long term friends and she is one of them.

Coffeenowplease Sun 01-Sep-13 22:37:11

OP

do you have any erm mental health issues ?
Because your posts seem..well odd to be honest.

Coffeenowplease Sun 01-Sep-13 22:43:07

Also are you English ?

wherewouldyoulive Sun 01-Sep-13 22:51:09

LEMisdisappointed, I am going to see a counsellor to talk about this pic and anxiety

wherewouldyoulive Sun 01-Sep-13 22:52:17

Coffeenowplease, I dont have mental health issues and I'm not English.

Coffeenowplease Sun 01-Sep-13 22:57:04

Ok that might explain why your posts read a little oddly.
You do seem very anxious - is that what you re seeing a therapist for ?

Just wondering are you and your husband from different countries/cultures ?

wherewouldyoulive Sun 01-Sep-13 23:08:02

My husband is English.

Gruntfuttock Sun 01-Sep-13 23:15:56

Where are you from, OP?

beaglesaresweet Sun 01-Sep-13 23:29:40

I really don't think that OP's NATIONALITY matters here! People of foreign origin can have a sense of humour, Coffee, and read the posts as they are intended, you know. Obviously OP may be very new to English language, but the main point is, she is unhealthily, seriously anxious (or both).

Gruntfuttock Sun 01-Sep-13 23:42:56

Beagles, nationality can be relevant in so far as what is considered acceptable and normal behaviour between the sexes and also recognising humorous and/or sarcastic replies as what they are. That was why I asked.

MrsMinkBernardLundy Sun 01-Sep-13 23:50:57

OP are you happy with your husband?

beaglesaresweet Sun 01-Sep-13 23:51:11

well, assuming she lives in the UK and with her English H (I may be wrong here) she would have picked how humour and sarcasm are expressed. Tbh I think that OP personally lacks any sense of humour, as most immigrants with English husbands would be conversant!
As to the touching culture - yes, agree. She sort of accepted that ut's fine, but then started questioning left/right coments in all seriousness - come on, no one's English is that bad, if they can write/spell!

CanadianJohn Tue 03-Sep-13 01:04:21

What I want to know is, is the woman in the photograph named "Sharon"?

Apocalypto Wed 04-Sep-13 01:08:25

This is priceless

OP, please post more often

LessMissAbs Wed 04-Sep-13 04:13:16

OP, has anything interesting happened in the intervening 7 years since the picture was taken?

I mean, anything at all? Not just to do with the friend from the "hometown"? I take it that both you and your husband have been out of the house since then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now