Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Wet sex.....

(162 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Ohbother5 Thu 29-Aug-13 13:57:09

I've enquired with dr google but don't seem to come up with much (unlike in the bedroom!).

The problem we have is I get.... Over lubricated shall we say. I don't know what I can do to stop it, or at least tone it down.

DP has his own issues on and off too, obviously when I'm too wet, he isn't getting the feeling and sometimes loses his erection or has to bang away hammer and tongs.

We have a good sex life in general, but this issue means certain positions always fail.

Help!

Pawprint Thu 29-Aug-13 14:04:24

Hmmm - don't know what to suggest except to maybe try a different position so he gets more "friction"?

Coconutty Thu 29-Aug-13 14:06:03

biscuit

At what point should the thought process of a poster speed to a halt and ask 'is this a good idea to make a thread about'.

No help OP, mop and bucket maybe?

Fontofnowt Thu 29-Aug-13 14:12:22

Talc.
You can buy some menthol talc like stuff.
I saw it in the sex shop and thought it was for athletes foot.

CoteDAzur Thu 29-Aug-13 14:20:52

Think about your MIL during sex? That should dry up the juices.

gamerchick Thu 29-Aug-13 14:27:26

Pmsl ^^ just have a towel handy and have a wipe half way through.

Bant Thu 29-Aug-13 14:39:24

I've heard using a bit of honey as an anti-lube can be a solution

Ohbother5 Thu 29-Aug-13 14:40:44

Look, I know this may seem funny but it's really getting me down. My thought process was I'm at the end of my tether, this is anonymous and someone may be able to help.

He can get more friction from some positions, but it's still means others are completely off limits as well they just end up pointless.

I haven't heard of a talc?

Ohbother5 Thu 29-Aug-13 14:44:41

Just read the American cancer association saying there's a link between talc downstairs and an increase in ovarian cancer....

Scrabbleyurt Thu 29-Aug-13 14:49:46

Hi OP,

I think people are taking the piss because they think you're a troll, wanting people to share their own personal experience of the same problem or to describe certain sexual positions in detail.

Taking your post at face value, I can see how this can be a problem, in the same way dryness could be. Could you afford an appointment with a private gynaecologist to ask for advice? I'm not sure what else to suggest, other than sticking with positions that work for you or using your hand or mouth if it's not working for him.

Good luck.

Ohbother5 Thu 29-Aug-13 15:01:52

No chance of affording private healthcare.

I saw a GP on the NHS who seemed to think I was moaning about nothing.

It's not sexual positions I'm interested in advice on, I can manage that bit! I thought maybe diet? Pills? Online search says people have said antihistamines could work?

I have NC for this obviously. It's mortifying. Hand or mouth action won't help as we're TTC

Auntfini Thu 29-Aug-13 15:09:56

go to another gp and demand some help as perhaps there are reasons that you produce so much erm lubrication. I can totally understand that this is an issue and probably not helping ttc as he will find it hard to finish

Ohbother5 Thu 29-Aug-13 15:31:26

Thanks aunt I may have to try another GP. It was embarrassing enough the first time blush

gamerchick Thu 29-Aug-13 15:34:23

I was serious.. use a towel to have a wipe halfway through. If it persists to all the way through the month then have a check up. I really doubt that it's serious.

PrickleHead Thu 29-Aug-13 15:36:10

I was going to suggest antihistamines. I haven't used it for this problem, but they are designed to 'dry you up' (as in your nose, watery eyes, etc) but should work all over.

LemonDrizzled Thu 29-Aug-13 15:59:51

Kwells (hyoscine) might work too as they dry you up...

Weelady77 Thu 29-Aug-13 16:08:01

Is it all the time?? I sometimes get like this I think it may be hormones!
I agree a wee wipe should work

SoleSource Thu 29-Aug-13 16:08:32

Glad not just me then blush

SoleSource Thu 29-Aug-13 16:10:39

I used to feel that I was too relaxed, I wanted sex too much and so the natural wetness was there and friction decreased, couldn't really feel the penis much either.

I did buy an AthenaFem to tone up that area but haven't had sex to find out if it was effective.

tulipflowers Thu 29-Aug-13 16:16:35

You might be squirting, google it.

Ohbother5 Thu 29-Aug-13 16:46:14

sole I do have a pretty high sexy drive, we tend to dtd at least 5 times a week. We're just restricted what we can do because of the issue....

wee I haven't noticed it more at one time of the month more than the other, in fact I had it while I had my implant in and no periods....

bestsonever Thu 29-Aug-13 17:21:56

Would this be throughout proceedings or after an ejaculation moment? Perhaps hold back till a joint moment occurs?

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Thu 29-Aug-13 20:01:35

This happens to me too but i'm at a loss as to understand why it's a problem.

Lubrication is good isn't it? If you can't feel any friction maybe it's because your vagina is too slack (sorry, just a suggestion!)

Fontofnowt Thu 29-Aug-13 21:01:31

I've looked online for the powder stuff (it was a dedicated vaginal talc not just any old talc) and cannot find the stuff I saw.
likely drunk when I saw it and it was vim
there are some menthol tightening creams which temporarily could increase sensation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now