Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Would you be comfortable in the knowledge that your date had slept with hundreds of women?

(133 Posts)
SoleSource Thu 29-Aug-13 04:15:15

Or would that fact be off putting?

Just asking for a friend.

Yes, she believes him. No, it's not me.

TobyLerone Thu 29-Aug-13 04:16:51

Yes, I'd be fine with it, as long as he'd been tested for all STIs.

AdoraBell Thu 29-Aug-13 04:17:12

I wouldn't, but I'm not entirely sure why I wouldn't iyswim.

It wouldn't bother me. It would make a pleasant change to go out with someone who has shagged more people than I have.

Scarletohello Thu 29-Aug-13 04:50:21

No because I doubt he would be able to be faithful...

Quickquidqueen Thu 29-Aug-13 05:03:23

No I wouldn't. Because I don't like people who boast about how many people they've shagged.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Thu 29-Aug-13 05:45:53

Is he not very good at DTD so needs to keep practising?

isitsnowingyet Thu 29-Aug-13 05:49:43

Hundreds? Yuck. It doesn't say a lot for his ability with maintaining a relationship. And yes, it would definitely put me off.

Ditto AKiss. As long as he has been checked regularly then I see no problem.

kalidanger Thu 29-Aug-13 06:15:47

He wouldn't get a second date from me, I don't think. Not for the fact (if true) that he's slept with hundreds of women, more the fact that he felt the need to tell me. I seriously doubt there were no other red flags apparent during this date.

Or perhaps it was a full and frank exchange of life stories?

I don't really understand what it has to do with how he behaves in his current relationship. All those shags might have been while he was young and single, who knows.
I don't think anyone should be judged by the amount of people they've slept with.

williaminajetfighter Thu 29-Aug-13 07:08:40

Nah. DP used to be a DJ and his list is over300. But that's over 25 years.

Yes he was definitely at it but that was long ago. No stds and at least some experience in bed.

mammadiggingdeep Thu 29-Aug-13 07:24:01

It would put me off......I just think he'd fancy himself a bit of a success with the ladies....and that put me off.

Lweji Thu 29-Aug-13 07:30:09

It depends on the variables.

Has he ever been unfaithful?
Is he a charmer?
Were they one night stands or has he promised the world and then dump?
Was it one huge orgy?
Is he STD free and willing to use protection and be faithful for the next 6 months?

Lazyjaney Thu 29-Aug-13 07:39:38

What mamma said. I'd divide the women he's had by his age minus the first 18 years to estimate how long my relationship would last.

LittlePeaPod Thu 29-Aug-13 07:41:18

I would be put off but if I completely fell for him instantly because he would not get a second date otherwise I would want/ expect him to have a full STI check done before he came anywhere near me long term.

mrswarbouys Thu 29-Aug-13 08:00:55

Wouldn't bother me.. You sure he's not just letting you think it to keep you on your toes? Perhaps you've assumed he has and he's let you carry on believing it to give his ego a lift?? Whatever it is, it's in the past. OK he's had a lot of sex but that was then. This is now..

mrswarbouys Thu 29-Aug-13 08:02:24

Blimey Lazyjaney it's a bit early in he morning for that innit?

No, I'd steer clear. I'm not comfortable with it. I'm not sure why.

MrsOakenshield Thu 29-Aug-13 08:05:41

it's more that he's told her, not that he's done it, that I wouldn't like. Why does she need to know?

Lavenderhoney Thu 29-Aug-13 08:07:20

I wouldn't think it any of my business as long as they had had an Std test, but that applies to one or hundreds anyway.

Does your friends bf know she is telling his private business to you?

I wouldn't ask tbh, mainly as I wouldn't answer that kind of question myself !

TobyLerone Thu 29-Aug-13 08:12:13

What does the number of sexual partners someone has had have to do with their ability to stay faithful? hmm

VerySmallSqueak Thu 29-Aug-13 08:16:41

It wouldn't be the defining factor for me not seeing him,but it wouldn't be a point that attracted me to him either.

I certainly wouldn't be adding myself to the list at the first opportunity.

niceupthedance Thu 29-Aug-13 08:17:49

I wouldn't be uncomfortable at all - as long as he wasn't a selfish lover - as some 'swordsmen' can be.

Lazyjaney Thu 29-Aug-13 08:18:27

What does the number of sexual partners someone has had have to do with their ability to stay faithful

Leopards, spots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now