Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why do exes do this?

(27 Posts)
brokenhearted55 Mon 26-Aug-13 17:59:21

I was dumped in December / January and it broke my heart. Hence the nickname. I started a thread a while ago asking for tips on how to contact him and what to.say as I couldn't let go of it.

I thought better of it thank god! I started making new friends, new hobbies, dating again and got over my ex bf. We were together less than a year.

I have not seen him for about 9 months, not spoken to him for about 8 months and there were just the odd texts after the break up: no more than a couple. then radio silence.

Now he's texted me a few weeks ago about nothing, I ignored him. Now an email about something he thought Id like and asking how i was.

WTF!!!! He was horrible when we broke up and said some really cruel things.

Why would an ex do this? Should I.just ignore?

brokenhearted55 Tue 27-Aug-13 09:30:36

I do remember you Mixxy. You were very kind and give great advice.

Thank you!

Mixxy Tue 27-Aug-13 09:36:52

I hope the new guy is at least a good dater. I went through a few guy, just to date and cheer myself up. I wasn't ever "in love" with any of them while I was dating them and then out of the blue when I was seeing a guy !BAM! I met another guy, who I had to move hundreds of miles for and mooned over and loved and butterflies and all that stuff, but different.

Tomorrow is our DS's 6 month birthday and my DH came home from work later with red roses for me last night.

Not for nothing - stick it out and ignore. Loves that is right comes to you in the end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now