Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Just found out my partner is married am heartbroken.

(157 Posts)
onwardandupwards Tue 30-Jul-13 03:17:24

We have been together for 5 years and thought it was really good, i booked a hotel for his birthday as a surprise and then rang his boss to ask if he could have 2 days off, at which point his boss told me he already had that week off for his holiday, i then called him and asked what he wanted to do for his birthday (he will be 40) and he said nothing as he had to work, anyway after a few conversations, he broke down and told me he was married but its over but his wife wont give up. He said i am the one he wants, i feel like a total twat and am hurting more than i can say, we have even been talking about trying for a baby. I have children from previous realtionship who love him to bits. There were no signs and cant bring myself to tell anyone, cant eat,sleep and holding it together all day just hurts so much. He wants to carry on as we are, i love him but cant do this now i know, any advice welcome x

HappyMummyOfOne Wed 31-Jul-13 20:28:05

Seems weird his parents are involved, that part doesnt add up.

Whilst most people post re partners or spouses, if the OP is claiming lone parent benefits then not mentioning a partner is not unusual so that it cant be picked up on.

LittlePeaPod Thu 01-Aug-13 05:03:38

Thanks Orchardlady.

zippey Fri 02-Aug-13 12:39:14

Still no update? I hope OP comes back and tells us the truth.

DuchessFanny Fri 02-Aug-13 13:00:43

I don't think OP is coming back ...

thistlelicker Fri 02-Aug-13 13:38:55

I think we been "trolled" hmmmmmm

Missbopeep Fri 02-Aug-13 13:41:21

She has a long MN history. Don't think she's a troll, but do suspect that she embellished the relationship so that it was more in her head and on this thread than it ever was- and she wasn't able to answer all the questions without looking a bit sad
But if not, hope she is ok.

emmelinelucas Sun 01-Sep-13 23:35:50

I dont think a MNet history counts for anything where trolls ae concerned

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now