Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

does it matter if i class him as abusive or not?

(53 Posts)
cahemo Sun 28-Jul-13 16:20:36

That's it really. My dh fits some of the criteria.

But I've spent ages trying to discover if he is and just had an epiphany - I'm still unhappy whether he is or not.

Apart from physical safety-I'm aware the bastards can get nasty if they're abusive, does it matter? Isn't being desperately unhappy enough a reason to leave?

Or does an abusive man react differently to the news you're leaving them than a normal non-abusive guy?

AnyFucker Germany Mon 29-Jul-13 13:25:36

good plan, cahemo !

I bet that is a very long and depressing list...

cahemo Mon 29-Jul-13 13:28:51

Oh yes it is; I'd print this thread, too, but I don't want to risk him seeing anything -I'll probably double print it or something.

Thanks for the boost, ladies (and guys if any here). I'm off to make inventory list of my stuff, chuck more stuff out -the less junk to cart around the better.
Thanks all.

AnyFucker Germany Mon 29-Jul-13 13:29:48

delete your internet history too !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now