Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Waves is determined to keep winning now that Acrobat has arrived.

(989 Posts)
captainmummy Fri 13-Sep-13 19:10:10

Fab about the job waves - and happy birthday to DD tomorrow!

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 13-Sep-13 19:44:27

flowers Brilliant. Very well done.

Have a lovely relaxing time with your DCs over DD's birthday weekend cake.

vole3 Fri 13-Sep-13 20:14:32

grin wine cake flowers

BIWI Fri 13-Sep-13 20:33:46

That is fantastic news! Bloody well done. flowers

Purpleknickers Fri 13-Sep-13 22:21:31

Lurker here mostly but so chuffed for you smile

mistlethrush Fri 13-Sep-13 22:29:39

Fantastic news! And I hope your DD has a lovely birthday tomorrow.

themidwife Sat 14-Sep-13 07:25:41

Well done Waves - you are wonderful!! I really admire you, I really do! smile

JaxTellerIsAllMine Sat 14-Sep-13 10:11:51

Congratulations on new job! winewinethanksthanks That is great news. Well done.

Yes, some things are the same but your children are all the better for you, constantly loving them in life

Time, counselling and coping strategies will all help with TB and twunt. You can do this.

Hope dd has a lovely birthday and super party.

ChangingWoman Sat 14-Sep-13 11:11:54

Go Waves! Fabulous news.

She had a lovely birthday, and my home made cakes were well received smile I use slings to carry Caspian a lot and gave her a special child size one so she can baby wear her baby dolls now which she is ridiculously chuffed with.

I've been having awful dreams nightly which is a shame as Caspian is now sleeping really well at night. Basically I seem to be living a future with twunt every night in my sleep and its not a happy ever scenario sad I think it may be my subconscious warning me to steer clear. I still haven't had the time (or maybe I'm a bit afraid?) to re read my posts... In between painting skirting boards next week and looking after a smiley little acrobat I think I will try to do that.

JaxTellerIsAllMine Sun 15-Sep-13 10:41:23

your subconscious may well be telling you that. But you know this, you know to steer clear, you know you did everything possible for your marriage. He was the one who didnt. Dont beat yourself up over it. sad

I hope you get a good nights sleep. brew

Thumbwitch Sun 15-Sep-13 11:14:42

Waves - brilliant news about the job, I couldn't be happier for you, yay! thankswinegrinwinethankswinegrinwinethankswinegrinwinethankswinegrinwinethankswinegrinwinethankswinegrinwinethankswinegrinwinethankswinegrinwinethankswinegrinwinethankswinegrinwinethanks

Happy birthday to your DD and well done on all the prep and the cakes, sounds fabulous.

Re. your dreams - they will come and go, but yes, they are really about your subconscious flagging things for you that you still need to work out in RL.

Remember as well, I still have your earlier threads in OTBT saved if you ever decide to re-visit them, just to remind yourself of the full horror of the Twunt's behaviour at the time - just let me know. smile

Still very happy for you all round though - you are doing so well! smile

BerylStreep Sun 15-Sep-13 12:37:36

Probably your sub-conscious, or alternatively spooky collective thought vibes from all of MN! grin

whitesugar Sun 15-Sep-13 14:14:55

Well done, you deserve it. It's lovely to hear things are on the up. You are a great mum and a big inspiration to others especially to mums who, as Tribot says, are at the vodka on cornflakes & monthly shower stage. This quote is on my notice board because it made me laugh so much. Good luck with the job, they are lucky to have you.

Listmaker Mon 16-Sep-13 10:34:50

Fantastic news re the job. I am in awe of all you are managing to achieve with a new born. You are amazing!

New development today... Following me declining the offer, "dream job" (big hours, big responsibility, amazing future potential) people came back to me today with a huge increase. Argh.... Later start date than other job offer (the salary match one) so more time with my gorgeous little boy, and a month is a long time at this age, and also a promise of a laptop to enable me to work from home so all the additional hours won't need to be in the office. This is a potentially life changing role.

I'm seriously amazed, and proud of me as I did all the interviews with a 5 week old baby. I am incredibly tempted to accept this offer.

I am trying to shrug off the disappointment that "D" M has refused to say well done. I know I will never be able to elicit the response that tells me I am good enough. But it bloody hurts still. I know she is possibly jealous, and I didn't even tell her about the whole package. I want my mum to say well done and be proud of me sad Mostly though I want not to be the little girl who is still so desperate for this approval.

whitsernam Mon 16-Sep-13 18:38:57

" Mostly though I want not to be the little girl who is still so desperate for this approval."

By doing what you are already doing re: jobs and Cs, you will get there!! It will come to you through just living, loving your Cs, having a great job, and making your own world.

You go, Girl!!!

MissStrawberry Mon 16-Sep-13 18:50:30

WELL DONE! WELL DONE! WELL DONE! WELL DONE!

flowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowers
winewinewinewinewine

Who needs approval from rubbish mother's when you have a whole group of MNters cheering you on.

You aren't that little girl anymore. You do not need her approval. Just your own.

AndMiffyWentToSleep Mon 16-Sep-13 18:55:15

Oh wow, that is amazing - a big well done to you!
You should definitely approve of yourself for this (even if you choose not to take it) - no need for anyone else. easy in theory, I know.

DollyTwat Mon 16-Sep-13 19:39:42

Waves - every time I check in on your threads I'm amazed and inspired by you. You are the bravest, most motivated person I've ever met on here

I wish Mn did awards - I'd give you the inspirational award

WingDefence Mon 16-Sep-13 20:08:41

Blimey waves you must be Hot Stuff in your field of work! Amazing smile

I'm sure that whichever job you decide on, it'll be the best thing for you and all your lovely DCs thanks

captainmummy Mon 16-Sep-13 20:16:48

That's great news Waves - it's so nice to be appreciated isn't it? grin I'm sure you'll be fab in whichever job you take

JaxTellerIsAllMine Mon 16-Sep-13 20:47:40

WELL DONE!!!! thanks

that is brilliant news re dream job - but think very carefully before accepting anything at the moment dear waves. It is still lots of travelling, still more hours than you wanted - and yes you will be at home, but often the distractions of home are more than in an office environment.

You are doing brilliantly, you are enough. cake

pointythings Mon 16-Sep-13 20:51:48

You are a complete [demands star emoticon]!!!

How brilliant are you? Enjoy some wine and pat yourself on the back. Then think about the pros and cons of both job offers and admit to yourself that with all these people wanting you to work for them, you must be something really special.

mummytime Mon 16-Sep-13 21:16:05

Wow ! You star!

I hope your sister said congratulations. Your Mother never will, but you have done amazingly. flowers flowers flowers flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now