Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Got Date tomorrow BUT he is 10 years younger am I mad?

(28 Posts)
Honeysucklerose Mon 22-Jul-13 17:51:21

Hi been chatting to a really nice guy online for a while now, previously he asked me out I said I dont date younger men , never have ...........he was so sweet and told me not to be silly so we continued talking ...........now we have arranged a lunch date , I am nervous and think am I being foolish or am I just flattered because of the attention?, I really like him and want to go but am feeling is the right way to go, have not told my best friend or friends about this because of my nerves! any advice would be helpful thanks.

Spickle Tue 23-Jul-13 08:44:56

I know two sets of couples where both men are the younger partner (9 and 11 years). Both sets are married and seem to be blissfully happy. And you can't tell there's an age gap at all. My DP is 5 years younger than me.

No harm in a lunch date is there?

Honeysucklerose Tue 23-Jul-13 08:59:44

Spickle that is interesting , and no there is absoultely no harm in a lunchdate looking forward to it .............thanks for the support !

Spickle Tue 23-Jul-13 11:03:13

Forgot to say we're all in our 40s and 50s!

Enjoy lunch!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now