Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating - The Thread. Come and Share Care and Cheer!

(1000 Posts)

The Rules

1. Develop a thick skin;
2. Do not invest emotionally too soon;
3. It's all BS until it actually happens;
4. Trust your gut instinct;
5. People vanishing, lying and being generally weird to you are not your fault
6. They should be trying to impress you
7. If it's not fun, stop

I am cheeky blush

You're Welcome People....AWFF re-enters the shadows...

Go get 'em

Oh, forgot the number...sorry 59

I commented back then got told there was no room blush

She has nothing to be jealous of! She is pregnant with her first child and living with her fella. She wonders why I dont tell her anything. She also told everyone that visited her that I had a 'fuck buddy' yet I never told her that's what we were as we weren't.

Just cause she has nothing to be jealous of doesn't mean that she isn't jealous.

Maybe she is not a friend but more of a frienemy - (friendly enemy) her actions are not those of: 1) a friend 2) someone who is not jealous.

I just don't understand why she is so obsessed with meeting him or why she felt the need to say that after been told no one will meet him

Movingforward123 Thu 18-Jul-13 21:22:14

Hey everyone, can I pop back in please?

I havnt been on the thread for ages!!!

Well I'm still not really dating, but I thought I would pop in for a chat as I love the gossip wink

I'm not sure whats going on at the moment, but I have got 3 exes that seem to be on my case and also mr rich (not sure if anyone remembers him). We had one date, slept together and then he went cooler after confused

Has anyone read the book mr unavailable and the fallback girl? I'm reading it at the moment and it makes a lot of sense smilesmile

BillMasen Thu 18-Jul-13 21:27:07

Moon girl is texting saying she has no money, would I mind driving to her on sat rather than her coming to me.

This is how it starts. There'll be a cancellation, probably tomorrow, mark my words! smile

I have a free Saturday night. Anyone fancy a drink? smile

Djangounhinged Thu 18-Jul-13 21:27:19

Thanks for new thread AWFF! smile

And nice to see Moving too, sounds like a good read - can you summarise?! wink

Really, your friend sounds like she has a vested interest in criticising everything you do - she sounds mighty insecure. Tell her to butt out?

I'll wear one of me dresses Bill and I'll try my best to behave (tall order)

Djangounhinged Thu 18-Jul-13 21:29:18

Oh Bill, Moon girl is so predictable, isn't she? Shame on her hmm. What did you tell the Italian, in the end?

Hi Djangounhinged I am suppose to be lurking grin

X

I'm just getting ready as he's picking me up anytime now. He wanted me to watch him at football but I would rather sit at home and enjoy some toddler free alone time grin

I haven't replied to her and wont be getting in touch with her either.

Kirstywirsty Thu 18-Jul-13 21:40:48

Bill tell moongirl to get to fuck that you are busy sorry .. You deserve so much better

Just marking my spot .. I am in Crete with my mum and daughter .. We have met a lovely family from Northern Ireland and our DDs have bonded through a love of one Direction and the pool .. Got a date with FriendofFriend (FoF) when I get back and he is booking somewhere 'awesome' for our 2nd date (albeit a month since the last obedient to holidays )

Kirstywirsty Thu 18-Jul-13 21:43:03

Obedient = one due ( bloody predictive text!!)

Winefiend Thu 18-Jul-13 21:44:42

SP I would be inclined to tell her to go to the far side of fuck and then go ffuck herself, the cheeky bitch.

bill well, I would offer my services but I am on the bad side of ranty atm so my company is probably not amazing grin

I have quite poss had the worst working day in history. High emotions, the press being fucking cunts and just urrrrgh. I would say more if i could but it's all over the news anyway and today i have witnessed a disgusting miscarriage of justice. A young lad sent down for something he did not do. I am going through an 'everyone fuck off' phase as I have had little support from friends (one of the joys of being a 'rescuer', noone ever thinks you may occasionally need a shoulder) today and I am PISSED OFF. A few folk I know are very close to getting my infamous fuck off tablet as I am sick of being expected to prop people up and getting nowt back. Fuck that, I get paid to do that and I get more back from my clients at the best (worst) of times.

Winefiend Thu 18-Jul-13 21:45:12

Oh and I have just swallowed a moth

Movingforward123 Thu 18-Jul-13 21:48:41

Djang - mr unavailable and the fallback girl, it is a very straight talking book about women that always have men that are emotionally unavailable. The key point that I have taken from the book so far is that the fallback girl that often seems to really want commitment, is actually emotionally unavailable herself! shockshock

I have been commitment phobic after breaking up with dds dad and went for typical mr unavailables! But from reading this book I can tell that all of my men have been emotionally unavailable for different reasons. Even the ones that seemed madly in love with me and needy, they were also unavailable.

It talks a lot about self esteem, and what may have made these fallback women emotionally unavailable. Like I said very straight talking and extremely relevant to me. confused

It also talks about how mr unavailable likes to keep a toe in your life just incase he at some point wants you.

And look at the proof, all of my exes have been in contact within the last few days, they are still hanging around and I unfortunately let them. blushblush

Movingforward123 Thu 18-Jul-13 21:49:05

Sorry that was a very long summarisation grin

Movingforward123 Thu 18-Jul-13 21:51:22

Wine - sending hugs and winewine I'm sure you could do with it! How did you manage to swallow a moth?

Winefiend Thu 18-Jul-13 21:55:12

Oh moving bless you, I am in the garden on the vino (as I daren't go in amd watch news for fear of kicking the telly down the street).

The moth found its way into my wine glass. Extra protein I reckon grin

Movingforward123 Thu 18-Jul-13 22:08:26

Oh that fu**er tried to ruin you glass of wine!! confused

I would love to join you for a glass, but unfortunately I am studying! hmm

Also not sure if you remember bt I sprained my ankle months back which took ages to repair and still is not very strong. Well today I went over on my other ankle. It really hurts and I'm worried about it. I'm sat here with an ice pack on the ankle and trying to do course work. Not fun confusedconfused

mummytasha11 Thu 18-Jul-13 22:22:56

Hi everyone

New here...newly single for the first time..

Can someone please tell me why a guy goes cold after spending two nights together? Which I thought were pretty good blush and now he is one word answering my texts...

Feeling a bit used and low!

Words of wisdom needed please fellow single ladies

Djangounhinged Thu 18-Jul-13 22:24:39

Moving that was a fab summarisation, thank you smile. I recognised lots of that too and have to admit that I have a couple of Mr Unavailables who contact me intermittently.... To my shame I keep telling myself I'll tell them to piss off once I've met someone worth totally dumping them for... And even more to my shame, nice man who I'm meeting next week (see end of last thread!) might just be the fellow as he sounds ACE, but I'm already reticent because it means I'll have to stop responding to x and y's sporadic messages.... Think I can feel a kindle download coming on!

Ishoos, moi??! blush

Wine, sorry you've had a shit day, how dare that moth soak up some of your wine, glad he got his just deserts. Hope some of your friends step up for you over the next few days.

Winefiend Thu 18-Jul-13 22:32:55

moving oooh ouch! Ice and elevate!

django aaah thanks, we shall see. I'm now at the retreating into my cave stage so I doubt anyone will get owt out of me now. Wine is the key grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.