Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Waves is winning.....Here comes the Acrobat!

(1000 Posts)

Links to previous threads:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/a1670597-So-DH-said

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/1745551-DH-said-DH-left-waves-is-still-being-sick-but-into-the-third-timester

Will this become the live birth thread? Will Lodger 1 leave? Will waves be smiling throughout this thread?

Doula is on call, bags are packed, acrobat was a teeny 14 weeks foetus when I started posting - he is about to become DC3, I'll stop being sick and a whole new chapter will begin.

WingDefence Sat 27-Jul-13 16:28:41

I hope you did get your waters broken and all is going well xx

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 27-Jul-13 16:42:03

[do we think MNHQ could bend the universe extend this thread/start another on waves' behalf? I don't think we could cope with a non-pink OP waves thread. Though MN should make the OP blue imo, in honour of the little chap]

[aware used up another post to ask. sorry. I'm going to approach the PTB, cap in hand <taps nose, hopefully>] [/quote]

We're afraid that extending the thread won't be possible - as once threads go over a certain capacity, it slows the whole site right down. As much as we'd love to help you out, we'd actually be making it more difficult for you to post and read the thread, which we're sure you don't want!

Again, as much as we'd like to help, we don't think it's quite right if MNHQ started making OPs on other posters behalf - as we try to interfere as little as possible. Of course there's nothing stopping one of you doing it smile

Sorry to be the voice of doom! Hope everything is going well for you waves flowers!

MissStrawberry Sat 27-Jul-13 16:53:03

KateSMumsnet - what about my suggestion via the report button??

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Sat 27-Jul-13 16:55:19

If it helps I've started a come on waves thread in chat that can be posted on so waves can come back here an announce acrobat's arrival.

If not what is wanted, it'll disappear anyway.

PyroclasticFlo Sat 27-Jul-13 17:22:02

Come on Acrobat!! Thinking of you Waves, sending speeding-up vibes to get things moving. You're doing so well! xx

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 27-Jul-13 17:23:58

MissStrawberry

KateSMumsnet - what about my suggestion via the report button??

""Could you also make the OP blue instead of pink in honour of her little boy" < is that what you were referring to? We're afraid we don't have the tech resources to do that. You're very welcome to customise your talk settings so that the OP shows up in a different colour?

MissStrawberry Sat 27-Jul-13 17:32:58

No, that wasn't me.

In my report I suggested that if someone started a thread for Waves you could make her posts coloured rather than the actual OP so that people could find Waves' posts easily.

MinnieBar Sat 27-Jul-13 17:38:55

I'm hoping no news is good news… it's been three hours since they hopefully broke her waters - DD1 was born ooh, five minutes after they did that for me after a 50-hr labour bloomin wish they'd done it sooner

Acrobat is here!!!! No weight yet, but he is lovely. Really difficult birth from my perspective, his head was born transverse so was quite a long pushing stage. Had gas and air in pushing stage but nothing other than that, although had ARM.

Full story once I'm a bit less shellshocked. His name is Caspian Nicholas John

Thank you all for your support, hoping for a 6 hour discharge so will catch up properly later. He is so lovely!!!!

BerylStreep Sat 27-Jul-13 17:58:28

OMG Congratulations! Enjoy!

Chanatan Sat 27-Jul-13 17:58:47

Well done waves,lovely nameflowers

crabb Sat 27-Jul-13 17:59:30

Yay Waves! Congratulations from Australia. Love to you all.

Duplogiraffe Sat 27-Jul-13 18:00:18

Congratulations flowers

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Sat 27-Jul-13 18:00:23

OMG well done waves! Caspian, lovely. Go have some well earned rest and food! thanks

Ezio Sat 27-Jul-13 18:01:07

Awwwwwwwwww, congrats Waves, his name is so cool.

Can wait to awwwww at his picture xxx

MNHarpy Sat 27-Jul-13 18:01:23

All the congratulations to you wonderful lady! And WELCOME Caspian! What a gorgeous name. flowers smile

ProphetOfDoom Sat 27-Jul-13 18:02:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mistlethrush Sat 27-Jul-13 18:03:28

Congratulations! Lovely name too

Ezio Sat 27-Jul-13 18:04:12

I can actually feel the waterworks starting now, so proud of you waves x

madoldbird Sat 27-Jul-13 18:04:30

Yay! Welcome to the world, Caspian! grin

nemno Sat 27-Jul-13 18:05:35

Fantastic. You've done so very well Waves. Welcome Caspian smile Congratulations to your lovely family.

MinnieBar Sat 27-Jul-13 18:06:46

CONGRATULATIONS waves! Very well done, you total superstar flowers

Welling up a bit here…

Cool cool name too x

LiveItUp Sat 27-Jul-13 18:06:58

Amazaing Waves amazing *Caspian. Well done xxx flowers

McPie Sat 27-Jul-13 18:07:01

Yeah well done waves, such a lovely name for your little man, massive, massive congratulations xxx

hedwig2001 Sat 27-Jul-13 18:08:08

Delurking, after many weeks silently wishing you well.
Congratulations! What a lovely name.

This thread is not accepting new messages.