Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Following on from irritating DP/DHs, what about YOU irritates your OH?

(44 Posts)
ThreeTomatoes Sat 29-Jun-13 12:04:44

I'm not entirely sure that my DP is open about everything that irritates him about me but here are my guesses:

- Not scraping food straight away into the bin (plates/bowls get left on the side - i prefer to just leave them till i blitz the kitchen). - for my part, it irritates me that when he loads dishwasher/does washing up he usually leaves the pans/oven trays etc unwashed on the side...
- Forgetting to wipe my hairs off the shower wall blush
- Leaving crumbs when i make a sandwich/toast
- The way I eat (he thinks i'm too noisy/slurpy sometimes) - and talking with my mouth full...blush
- The fact that I keep intending to do some exercise but then grunt unenthusiastically when he makes any suggestions about us doing some together
- Bringing up random boring householdy or money stuff at irritating times (e.g. last thing at night)
- Closing the inner front door when he hasn't got home yet (he finds it unwelcoming hmm)
- Being all soppy over dd's fave cuddly toy
- Randomly bursting into song, a lot.
- Talking to myself when I'm busy doing something, he keeps thinking I'm talking to him

Mum2Fergus Sat 29-Jun-13 13:11:13

Leaving hair in the plug hole, not replacing empty loo role, leaving my work bag in the hall, not letting him delete stuff off the SKY+ box grin

Endlessly chatting to fill any silence.

In my defence I thought he'd be interested in what my next door neighbour's brother's mother's best friend got up to last night blush

ecofreckle Sat 29-Jun-13 13:18:28

Leaving tea bags anywhere except bin. Adding things to lists after they've been done just so I can cross them off. Not spelling out what it is I want him to do but putting faith in proactivity instead. Usingwords he thinks I've made up(like Geoffrey for side burn). When I need the lounge to be left with throws straight and cushions plumped before bed. When I use plurals with dd (eg it's time for some milkies). That I am not easily predictable in my film choice (eg sometimes violence is ok and other times it's totally not). Marriage made in heaven really.

Chottie Sat 29-Jun-13 14:00:24

I am not as tidy as him (although I have got better)
I leave cupboard and wardrobe doors open
I like to eat my dinner when it is hot and not spend 5 mins tidying up the kitchen before sitting down to eat a cold dinner

WellThatsLife Sat 29-Jun-13 19:59:09

Being totally disorganised and a scatterbrain. Losing things walking across the room

KnittedC Sat 29-Jun-13 20:00:24

DP thinks I'm a massive worrier and laughs at me (fondly) when I start going all 'panic stations' as he calls it.

munkysea Sat 29-Jun-13 20:31:13

* My drawers are a mess of untidiness where I shove things to put them away.
* I complain about my job without doing anything to change it.
* I won't back the car into parking spaces (although I am trying)
* I don't do things like change lightbulbs.

ThreeTomatoes Sat 29-Jun-13 22:54:59

ecofreckle I do that with lists as well!! grin

Also leave the kitchen in a mess when dinner is ready Chottie, unless it's something that's taken time to cook (e.g. in the oven) and I get it done while I'm waiting for it to cook. I really am not gonna spend 5-10 mins cleaning up the kitchen when dinner is on the table and I'm hungry - besides, imo who cooked does not tidy up wink

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sat 29-Jun-13 23:17:52

I spend too much money
I have too many clothes
The dc's have too many clothes
I am not very tidy

Think those are the main bugbears grin

I know this isn't a thread about his faults so I won't start.

WhoBU Sat 29-Jun-13 23:21:37

Getting really annoyed with inanimate objects and having tantrums when I can't made them work.

Insisting on my pillows being straight and flat.

Not wanting to eat takeaways in bed enough.

grin

YoniBottsBumgina Sat 29-Jun-13 23:29:24

Saying I'm ready to go when I still have to put my shoes on, get my coat and bag and then suddenly realise my purse is in some unidentifiable place in the house and I have to spend 10 minutes looking for it (This annoys me too but I still do it confused)

I have both punched and throttled him in my sleep blush the latter one apparently he was quite alarmed by and in desperation did the only thing he could think of, which was pinching my nipple. I have a finely honed Fuck off, I'm not Horny Yet reflex given to me by my unlovely ex so this caused me to push him away and scuttle off to the opposite corner of the bed while muttering angrily and incoherently.

Apparently I also sleep at about 500 degrees C whereas he likes the bed cold. And I steal the covers. He doesn't like it that cold. I give up!

munkysea Sat 29-Jun-13 23:31:50

Love the not eating takeaways in bed enough.

YoniBottsBumgina Sun 30-Jun-13 10:30:18

I've just remembered another one, I'm always correcting his English since I qualified as an English teacher grin

Sodapop55 Sun 30-Jun-13 14:22:07

A brief list.

- Interrupting him/speaking over him while he's briefly paused in conversation/argument to gather his thoughts.
- Stealing the blankets so he is left freezing cold.
- Alternately, latching onto him like a limpet and spooning him on boiling hot nights when he wants to be left alone.
- When I say "What?" instead of "Pardon"

WeGotTheKrunk Sun 30-Jun-13 15:00:56

1. Leave mess all over the house because of my belief that life is too short to tidy up all the time increased mess tolerance

2. Having too many pairs of shoes; refusing to get rid of any of said pairs of shoes

3. Switch off when he repeats himself talks to me

4. Shush him when we're watching telly (we might miss a crucial plot-point otherwise!)

5. Constantly busy 'doing stuff' instead of being a attentive, subservient wifey

HighInterestRat Sun 30-Jun-13 15:02:33

I never stack the plates and pans neatly and according to size in the cupboard.

Samu2 Sun 30-Jun-13 15:16:08

If I have been in a cupboard things will often fall on his head when he next opens the door.

I often drop makeup on the bathroom floor and forget to pick it up.

Being moany and negative.

Talking when he is trying to watch a film.

Leaving my shoes in the hallway instead of putting them in the shoe cupboard.

Washing up is shit... so he does it grin

The number one thing is asking constantly for reassurance.

Yama Sun 30-Jun-13 15:22:50

I make decsions quickly and then seek to justify them whereas apparently one should weigh up the pros and cons prior to decision being make.

I reckon my way is best though. wink

fuckwittery Sun 30-Jun-13 15:32:26

"guessing" his emotions and then getting annoyed with him. I am generally having to guess though as he has blanked me!

being on mumsnet too much
not being chatty
chatting when he is watching something

He says I am perfect. He is a lying git smile

Yama Sun 30-Jun-13 15:36:00

Oh, and I have earned the nickname 'Half Job Harry'.

NatashaBee Sun 30-Jun-13 15:37:32

Sipping hmm

WhoNickedMyName Sun 30-Jun-13 15:38:05

My shoes get left wherever I have taken them off, my DH is always tripping over them and it drives him mad. I tell him he should watch where he's going grin.

FeralStreep Sun 30-Jun-13 15:44:17

Leaving the contents of my makeup bag on the bed when I go to work.
Constantly stroking/tickling him while he's trying to sleep. I don't always know I'm doing it, in my defence.
Nicking the duvet.

Other than that I'm frickin' perfect ahem

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now