Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why is he treating me like this?

(118 Posts)
GroundHogDayAgain Fri 28-Jun-13 16:55:02

Hi guys. I've posted here a few times about issues I'm having with om/potential partner.

I left my husband a few months ago, it was a long running thing and I wasn't happy. I left and moved into rented house.

Om at the time was a million % supportive. He was amazing and literally couldn't do enough for me.

Last weekend we had an argument about his parents. (They are very controlling and dominating).
Since then, in the space of 5days, he's become like a stranger.

He says he is confused about what he wants. He's not sure how he feels about me, us, a future etc.

It's gone from constant txts, calls, affection, love, everything to absolutely nothing.
He doesn't tell me he loves me. He won't hug me or come near me. He takes hours to txt me back. He never calls and when I call him he only talks for a minute.

It hurts so much to be treated like this. I can't understand what I've done wrong.
He says he is very confused and just needs time to figure it all out.

In the meantime I don't know where I stand with him. I don't know how to behave around him. We work together and it's so horrible to be in the same office yet he treats me like he hardly knows me. He talks to me about work only and if I try talk to him, he turns on me saying I'm pushing him away.

What do you make of this?? Is it his way of ending it? But in a cowardly way? And how can he change so completely overnight?

I don't understand and I'm really confused and depressed.

Advice appreciated x

GroundHogDayAgain Sat 29-Jun-13 19:05:57

Keepcool- thank you for your advice. I know I need to move on and create a good life for me and dcs. It's tough clearing your head of things you had planned and thought of for so long.

DioneTheDiabolist Sat 29-Jun-13 19:10:11

Walk away. Send him an invoice for the work done. The money isn't yours. The business isn't yours. The loan isn't yours. The house isn't yours.

At most he owes you some wages. You on the other hand owe it to your DCs to be adult and parent at a very distressing and unsettling time in their lives. You are finding excuses not to leave. Stop it. It's a waste of time and energy that your DCs need invested in them.

mrscynical Sat 29-Jun-13 19:25:01

OP - I'm being cynical because you had lots and lots of advice on your previous thread all of which you obviously ignored and you are now back wanting sympathy because the situation, as predicted, has not gone your way.

You gave misleading tales on your other thread and wriggled out of anything picked up on because, as I have stated previously, you are in need of counselling.

KeepCoolCalmAndCollected Sat 29-Jun-13 19:36:07

To carry on working together is presumably going to be untenable for you, but as you are both equal partners in the business and have equal shares, would he be able/willing to buy you out quickly?

GroundHogDayAgain Sat 29-Jun-13 19:47:00

Mrscynical- I have not told any tales. Even though the reality of my situation is beyond belief, I've still been honest.
On my prev posts almost everyone advised me to leave my husband. I got great advice for other issues too. That's why I posted here again.

After I left my husband, I told om that I didn't want to plan any marriage etc until both our prev marriages were sorted out. We still agreed on marrying and buying a house together but not till divorce arranged. So I wasvtryingbto take things slowly. I also wanted the dcs settled in new house and school before they got used to the idea of om living with us.

I did try to do things properly.

I know I've messed up. I should have been more smart and questioned things more.

I'm currently reading Mr Unavailable by Natalie Lue. It's certainly resonating with me.

I really do appreciate all the advice on here. It's hard to take but I know it's right.

KeepCoolCalmAndCollected Sat 29-Jun-13 20:00:09

Most of us have messed up and been far too trusting etc. Hindsight can be very very painful.

Spartacus101 Sat 29-Jun-13 20:14:46

but you knew he had a pregnant wife 6 months after you met? You said so in your other thread?

GroundHogDayAgain Sat 29-Jun-13 20:25:11

Spartacus- I knew he was married but he told me he was separated and she had moved in with her parents. He told me that he didn't love her. I did break up with him at that point as I wanted him to think about what he was doing without me in the background. But a few weeks later he came back and told me he definitely didn't want to be with her.

I was under the impression he was living on his own. He told me few months ago that he was actually living with her. She only moved out when their Dc was 1.5.

Hindsight is amazing isn't it. Because as I'm writing this, I feel so angry at myself. But at the time, nobody I know could verify any of this either so I only had his word for it.

Spartacus101 Sat 29-Jun-13 20:36:41

Ah I see. No advice apart from ditch him and get counselling.

GroundHogDayAgain Sat 29-Jun-13 20:47:01

Thanks Spartacus. I'm going to arrange that.

I just need to flush him out of my system and I know it's going to be so so hard. I keep wanting him to call me or send me a nice txt. But getting nothing. He's just become ice cold.

MadBusLady Sat 29-Jun-13 20:56:50

Sorry, coming to this late, but it sounds like you need to see a solicitor urgently, doesn't it?? You are an equal partner in a business you are obviously now going to have to leave (did you invest capital originally?), and the house was presumably bought with drawings that come notionally from both directors. You presumably need someone to go over what "buying you out" will entail.

GroundHogDayAgain Sat 29-Jun-13 21:03:02

Madbuslady- the house is rented not bought. Rent paid up until oct so I've got time to look for another place.

I know I need to leave the business but I'm going to think about what I need to do next. I don't want to change the status quo at work and let him know I'm going. If I go it will be with something in my pocket.

He's going to regret doing this to me.

MadBusLady Sat 29-Jun-13 21:07:58

Oh I see, sorry.

Getting angry sounds like exactly what you need to do!

GroundHogDayAgain Sat 29-Jun-13 21:14:14

Lol I know. I need to get mad. Enough to hate him. I hope I can do it.

Pigsmummy Sat 29-Jun-13 22:01:04

Omg five pages just to say that you know that you have been an idiot? Really?

Hissy Brazil Sat 29-Jun-13 22:05:09

Aim for ice cold fury... far more productive! smile

You can do this, don't beat yourself up. He lied, you trusted.

Now you know better... you need to do betterave.

TheNewSchmoo Sat 29-Jun-13 22:28:12

I just find it impossible to believe you have had a 4 year relationship, got a house and planned a wedding with a man you have never had sex with.

I also think you really should be a bit less selfish and needy and focus on your children who seem to get scant regard from you whilst you wallow in self pity and this farcical fantasy.

I agree with TheNewSchmoo

I don't understand how anyone can consider marrying and living with a man they have never slept with confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now