Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Ending a Ten and a Half year affair

(457 Posts)
Gehj Sun 23-Jun-13 10:43:05

Im unable to write full background for fear of being recognised but the crux of the problem remains the same... unbelievably I have been having an affair for the above time and it remains as passionate and intense today as it did on day one. The problem... I need to leave because I want a new life of my own as I know he does not have the strength, courage or wherewithal to leave his family. His children are now aged 18-21, his elderly mother (who lost her husband recently) has now come to live with him and he is the prime carer. I know it was morally wrong to become involved with a married man but the attraction was strong and I didn't for one moment, think it would span out 10years!!! How do I find the strength to leave a relationship that provides me with everything that a woman would relish except commitment! i.e love, companionship, support, fun and anything that a newlywed would be proud of. The physical side is as passionate as if we just met. How do I take steps to leave?? I have tried many times and each time we hurt each other, miss what we have and go back. WWYD apart from the suggestion of moving town and that is not feasible as I have children who are at college! He does not want me to leave which makes it all the more difficult.

springytats Fri 28-Jun-13 21:06:08

I thought that was a great post, Mumat39! I'm disappointed you got it deleted.

im(u)o wink I think the thread was just ambling along, changing direction, looking at different ideas. Nothing wrong with that, a lot right with it as far as I'm concerned.

Then the big guys came ambling into town, chewing baccy, slung a few shots and told every one they were damn stupid.

And y'all listened to them?? Don't listen, people! Just some big shot opinions, tis all.

mumat39 Fri 28-Jun-13 21:24:03

Gehj, thanks

Springy, that's just it, I was just learning and understanding things a bit more so posted what i thought was genuinely interesting but that meant the thread went of from its ambling course.

I am SO blush by Scottishmummys response as I really wasn't trying o suggest OP had any mental health issues.

Sorry for causing all this trouble.

springytats Fri 28-Jun-13 21:28:05

oh blast it, put that post back in! Is it copied somewhere?

Please don't listen to scottishmummy barking like a ferocious dog at you. She does that all the time on MN, it's her style. Take na notice!

You're not causing 'all this trouble', don't be daft. The thread was doing nicely imuo until the friday night crowd butted in.

mumat39 Fri 28-Jun-13 21:30:22

The spaghetti western scene is good.

I feel like I just moseyed into town and everyone including the horses stopped and stared having realised that it's my face on the wanted poster. Wanted for being a thread killer!

blush

springytats Fri 28-Jun-13 21:33:56

grin

scottishmummy Fri 28-Jun-13 21:47:15

Mumat asked for mnhq delete her posts
I think speculating on mental health,spouting terms in ta-dah thats why you is like that way
It's lazy o'er how can I try intellectualise and big up some online blah...aha guess the diagnosis

VBisme Sat 29-Jun-13 06:56:06

Okay, let's call her a drama lama then. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now