Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What does this mean?

(55 Posts)
dontcallmehon Sat 22-Jun-13 23:39:31

What would you make of it if a person you'd just started seeing posted a link to this on facebook and underneath written 'I know the feeling?'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Wc3UeI0ouY8#at=36

Sorry. can't do links!

dontcallmehon Mon 01-Jul-13 23:06:36

I definitely don't need counselling. I'm fine.

dontcallmehon Mon 01-Jul-13 23:05:53

I'm not out of an abusive relationship. My ex was not an abuser. I'm not taking any of this all that seriously, I just find it strange.

Well he doesn't sound very nice but, really, you only had a couple of dates with him so it's not worth gettng upset about. If you are recenlty out of an abusive relationship, it's probably a good idea to stay off dating for a while and maybe have somecounselling to make sure you don't pick a different type of abuser nexty time.

dontcallmehon Mon 01-Jul-13 23:03:34

Yep - he is very odd. I did wonder if all the facebook pictures were for my benefit.

SomewhereBeyondTheSea Mon 01-Jul-13 23:02:25

Dodged a bullet OP!

dontcallmehon Mon 01-Jul-13 22:58:24

Well, I didn't in the end. Then he texted me, inviting me out for his mate's birthday on Friday night. I said I already had plans. The next day, there were pictures of him and some girl he'd evidently met on the Friday plastered all over Facebook and apparently they are now 'in a relationship!'

RiotsNotDiets Tue 25-Jun-13 21:54:28

<chants> DOO IT DOO IT DOO IT!

ChippingInWiredOnCoffee Tue 25-Jun-13 18:58:53

Go on - send it, we all need a laugh.

Though I suspect you will get back this >> ???

waddlecakes Tue 25-Jun-13 18:52:06

Go on! I mean, it says what you want to say...in a way.

dontcallmehon Tue 25-Jun-13 18:45:57

I am actually tempted to send that. Just to see what he does!

RiotsNotDiets Tue 25-Jun-13 17:07:57

waddle grin

Can picture him scratching his head and looking bemused.

dontcallmehon Tue 25-Jun-13 14:48:22

Love it waddlecakes. He wouldn't understand a word of it though.

waddlecakes Tue 25-Jun-13 14:45:40

Just text him back saying: I suggest you make every conceivable effort to reduce residual feelings for a previous romantic interest before attempting to re-engage in potential future partnerships. In addition, you may wish to reconsider your social networking friend adding policy when said issues have not been resolved. I wish you the very best of luck with any future endeavours.

PamDooveOrangeJoof Tue 25-Jun-13 14:36:56

Good. Keep it up. He sounds like a complete weirdo. Don't give him anymore head space... He doesn't deserve if.

dontcallmehon Tue 25-Jun-13 14:28:52

Well he's texted me again - I am ignoring and hoping he'll go away. He actually makes me feel a bit sick.

dontcallmehon Mon 24-Jun-13 10:14:51

I will just ignore. Trust me to pick someone like that. Well he picked me really.

PamDooveOrangeJoof Mon 24-Jun-13 08:27:45

Eh? Oh dear. Pathological liar too? So unattractive.

I'm sure he will be annoyed that you have seen the light and ditched him. Don't even get Into a conversation with him about it though. You don't owe him anythinc or have to justify yourself.

This has more red flags than you can shake a stick at.

dontcallmehon Sun 23-Jun-13 23:17:53

I certainly did. I think it'll really annoy him too.

Scarletohello Sun 23-Jun-13 23:11:09

What's that phrase, "dodged a bullet"? Yep, think u just did that. You've just saved yourself months of pain...!!

dontcallmehon Sun 23-Jun-13 22:57:20

Yep - certainly does, doesn't he. I kind of knew it all along, sometimes you just need a kick up the backside to realise it fully. I remember him telling me how he could pay off my mortgage (when he lives in a rented flat) and it didn't ring true, but I figured he was just trying to impress me.

RiotsNotDiets Sun 23-Jun-13 22:53:45

Good on you OP, he sounds like a knob. you're well rid

dontcallmehon Sun 23-Jun-13 22:38:58

Forgot to mention, he works at a warehouse, but told me he had 175 k in the bank from doing bare knuckle boxing hmm. I wasn't convinced by any of that. He then let me give him £20 for a taxi ride that only cost about £2 to my house (after making a token effort to bat my money away). I'm actually a bit embarrassed that I was thinking of seeing him again, but by way of explanation, I am not long out of a v long term relationship and was feeling a bit vulnerable.

dontcallmehon Sun 23-Jun-13 22:13:22

Thanks for giving me the strength to do that - I knew you lot would talk sense. I didn't want anything serious with him - just a fling, but I deserve a bit more respect than that.

dontcallmehon Sun 23-Jun-13 22:04:00

He's deleted. That feels better. I think he's the kind of guy who won't like being deleted by a mere 'girl' (or c**t as he likes to refer to them).

PamDooveOrangeJoof Sun 23-Jun-13 21:47:30

I agree with Riots. Delete his number, remove from Facebook, and if he texts you, ignore, ignore, ignore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now