Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What does this mean?

(55 Posts)
dontcallmehon Sat 22-Jun-13 23:39:31

What would you make of it if a person you'd just started seeing posted a link to this on facebook and underneath written 'I know the feeling?'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Wc3UeI0ouY8#at=36

Sorry. can't do links!

PamDooveOrangeJoof Sun 23-Jun-13 21:05:58

If she had accepted his advances, he would have dropped you like you were hot.

dontcallmehon Sun 23-Jun-13 21:11:52

He actually asked me to add him on facebook too!

dontcallmehon Sun 23-Jun-13 21:18:46

So when he asks me if I fancy meeting up on Saturday as we planned, do I text back 'no thanks, I don't like being second best.' Or has anyone got any better ideas. I'd like to emerge with a bit of dignity intact. I'm not being egotistical, but I am quite an attractive, intelligent woman and don't really see why losers like this think it's ok to mess me around.

RiotsNotDiets Sun 23-Jun-13 21:26:41

I'd just stop texting back. I wouldn't bother doing him the courtesy of letting him know why you've dumped him, it's not like he gave a shit about your feelings is it?

dontcallmehon Sun 23-Jun-13 21:32:20

True - he didn't.

PamDooveOrangeJoof Sun 23-Jun-13 21:47:30

I agree with Riots. Delete his number, remove from Facebook, and if he texts you, ignore, ignore, ignore.

dontcallmehon Sun 23-Jun-13 22:04:00

He's deleted. That feels better. I think he's the kind of guy who won't like being deleted by a mere 'girl' (or c**t as he likes to refer to them).

dontcallmehon Sun 23-Jun-13 22:13:22

Thanks for giving me the strength to do that - I knew you lot would talk sense. I didn't want anything serious with him - just a fling, but I deserve a bit more respect than that.

dontcallmehon Sun 23-Jun-13 22:38:58

Forgot to mention, he works at a warehouse, but told me he had 175 k in the bank from doing bare knuckle boxing hmm. I wasn't convinced by any of that. He then let me give him £20 for a taxi ride that only cost about £2 to my house (after making a token effort to bat my money away). I'm actually a bit embarrassed that I was thinking of seeing him again, but by way of explanation, I am not long out of a v long term relationship and was feeling a bit vulnerable.

RiotsNotDiets Sun 23-Jun-13 22:53:45

Good on you OP, he sounds like a knob. you're well rid

dontcallmehon Sun 23-Jun-13 22:57:20

Yep - certainly does, doesn't he. I kind of knew it all along, sometimes you just need a kick up the backside to realise it fully. I remember him telling me how he could pay off my mortgage (when he lives in a rented flat) and it didn't ring true, but I figured he was just trying to impress me.

Scarletohello Sun 23-Jun-13 23:11:09

What's that phrase, "dodged a bullet"? Yep, think u just did that. You've just saved yourself months of pain...!!

dontcallmehon Sun 23-Jun-13 23:17:53

I certainly did. I think it'll really annoy him too.

PamDooveOrangeJoof Mon 24-Jun-13 08:27:45

Eh? Oh dear. Pathological liar too? So unattractive.

I'm sure he will be annoyed that you have seen the light and ditched him. Don't even get Into a conversation with him about it though. You don't owe him anythinc or have to justify yourself.

This has more red flags than you can shake a stick at.

dontcallmehon Mon 24-Jun-13 10:14:51

I will just ignore. Trust me to pick someone like that. Well he picked me really.

dontcallmehon Tue 25-Jun-13 14:28:52

Well he's texted me again - I am ignoring and hoping he'll go away. He actually makes me feel a bit sick.

PamDooveOrangeJoof Tue 25-Jun-13 14:36:56

Good. Keep it up. He sounds like a complete weirdo. Don't give him anymore head space... He doesn't deserve if.

waddlecakes Tue 25-Jun-13 14:45:40

Just text him back saying: I suggest you make every conceivable effort to reduce residual feelings for a previous romantic interest before attempting to re-engage in potential future partnerships. In addition, you may wish to reconsider your social networking friend adding policy when said issues have not been resolved. I wish you the very best of luck with any future endeavours.

dontcallmehon Tue 25-Jun-13 14:48:22

Love it waddlecakes. He wouldn't understand a word of it though.

RiotsNotDiets Tue 25-Jun-13 17:07:57

waddle grin

Can picture him scratching his head and looking bemused.

dontcallmehon Tue 25-Jun-13 18:45:57

I am actually tempted to send that. Just to see what he does!

waddlecakes Tue 25-Jun-13 18:52:06

Go on! I mean, it says what you want to say...in a way.

ChippingInWiredOnCoffee Tue 25-Jun-13 18:58:53

Go on - send it, we all need a laugh.

Though I suspect you will get back this >> ???

RiotsNotDiets Tue 25-Jun-13 21:54:28

<chants> DOO IT DOO IT DOO IT!

dontcallmehon Mon 01-Jul-13 22:58:24

Well, I didn't in the end. Then he texted me, inviting me out for his mate's birthday on Friday night. I said I already had plans. The next day, there were pictures of him and some girl he'd evidently met on the Friday plastered all over Facebook and apparently they are now 'in a relationship!'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now