Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

(52 Posts)
AnAirOfHope Fri 21-Jun-13 23:02:31

Would you leave your dh if his mum paid a bill and your dh, mil and fil didnt tell you and was not going to tell you and when questionen dh lied and said no mil didnt pay bill and she didnt know about it then confessed mil paid and they all lied to you?

AnAirOfHope Sun 23-Jun-13 16:56:29

When I try to tell him how I feel he just syands there and takes it without responeding or intreacting and does not comment. I dont think he is taking in what im saying cos there is no feedback.

evelynj Sun 23-Jun-13 17:50:09

I think he needs to feel confident that he is allowed to say how he truly feels, (counselling should achieve this & give you tools to react in a way that doesn't make him feel guilty or you angry). I'm not sure why but I get the impression that he just doesn't want to say anything that would upset you-this is understandable & my dh would do almost anything to avoid confrontation but on the long run that's counter productive. There's no point going along with something I he doesn't feel the same. Obviously sometimes one of you will have to compromise.

Your mil sounds like hard work, (ime most of them are!) but if you have the tools to assert yourself confidently then this should have a huge impact on how you communicate. Where your life and children are concerned it's your rules-there are some things that can give way a bit, like not spoiling kids with more than a few sweets but other things that are non negotiable and pil's need to know where the line is.

Btw, I think it was a great idea to show him this thread, I think a lot of good could be done by showing some threads to dh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now