Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

oooh i feel ridiculous

(442 Posts)
ImNotBloody14 Fri 21-Jun-13 20:21:41

So silly. I'm a NCing regular. and a real proper grown up, I swear

I fancy someone. But I cant get up the guts to let him know or even to contact him. I've added him on FB (it's taken me months to build up to that) and he accepted. he's liked a few of my posts and a photo. I keep seeing him online (butterflies) and want to make contact but cant think of anything to say that isn't a blatant excuse to get talking to him. AFAIK he's single- well it says so on his FB.

arrgh this is so frustrating. if this was my best friend she would be chatting away to him no problem.

don't know what i'm posting for- just need to get this out of my head.

MissStrawberry Sat 22-Jun-13 19:36:49

Seriously, calm down grin you are going on a date with a hot guy tomorrow!!!! Of course he isn't going to be in touch all the time, neither of you know if this is going to develop into anything but a one night shag so there isn't any reason to contact you yet iyswim. Once you are dating then you can complain if he hasn't contacted you for X amount of time.

ImNotBloody14 Sat 22-Jun-13 19:54:22

Good points strawberry- im not used to this dating business at at all.

MissStrawberry Sat 22-Jun-13 20:00:29

Enjoy!wink

SmallSherryforMedicinal Sat 22-Jun-13 20:08:29

De-lurking to say I'm excited for you! :-)

ImNotBloody14 Sat 22-Jun-13 20:14:29

Thank you! Me too- can you tell? grin

HerrenaHarridan Sat 22-Jun-13 20:21:21

If course he's not going to get in touch, he won't want to look desperate!

Im so excited for you! I wish I was going on a hot date tomorrow

and if you get the urge to mn from the loo ill be here wink

ImNotBloody14 Sat 22-Jun-13 20:24:31

Did anyone see a show called first dates on channel 4? It kept showing the women talking about their dates in the loo and one phoned her friend but didnt show what any of the men said in the loos!! I really wanted to see what they said!

this is very exciting! let us know how it goes...

ImNotBloody14 Sun 23-Jun-13 14:38:19

No babysitter sad
Friends ds cant do it.

Wishfulmakeupping Sun 23-Jun-13 14:55:51

sad anyone else?? Hope you can find someone

ImNotBloody14 Sun 23-Jun-13 15:05:55

Nope no-one else- my parents are away atm, my sister is working tonight friend has her own dcs ( single parent too) we're just going to wait til my dcs are with their dad ( 2 weeks.) and arrange something then.

WhiteBirdBlueSky Sun 23-Jun-13 15:07:02

Oh no!!!

Buswanker Sun 23-Jun-13 16:32:27

Do you children go to bed a decent time and sleep well? If so you could ask him over for a drink at your house?

ImNotBloody14 Sun 23-Jun-13 18:38:14

grin

Thats exactly what ive done! He's coming up later to watch pearl harbour with a wee drink.

summer111 Sun 23-Jun-13 18:45:38

Yay, this is definitely a date!!!

WhiteBirdBlueSky Sun 23-Jun-13 19:06:17

Woooooo!

I bet you'll be snogging on the sofa before the night's over!

ImNotBloody14 Sun 23-Jun-13 19:13:09

I only hope he's easy to get rid of at the end of the night!!

MissStrawberry Sun 23-Jun-13 19:16:33

Don't have him in your house if you are worried about that.

Crikeyblimey Sun 23-Jun-13 19:23:47

Ooh how exciting! Just say shortly after he arrives that you'll have to kick him out at x O'clock cos you have y to do in the morning. Ground rule set, you can relax and enjoy your evening 😄

Crikeyblimey Sun 23-Jun-13 19:24:42

Ooops - stupid smiley thing looked fine on the preview and now looks like a bunch of symbols.

WhiteBirdBlueSky Sun 23-Jun-13 19:28:51

Yes, if you say something like that then you don't have any awkwardness.

ImNotBloody14 Sun 23-Jun-13 19:30:17

Im working in the morning and dcs have school- he knows this but i'll mention it again anyway. I have no qualms about calling the police if he turns into an asshole- have a couple of big burly neighbours who would have no problem seeing him out either. If it came to it.

whitesugar Sun 23-Jun-13 19:36:53

Ask someone to ring you at half ten, then wind things up. If all going well you will know exactly what to do. Enjoy yourself!

ImNotBloody14 Sun 23-Jun-13 19:40:21

Good idea - best friend knows hes coming so i'll get her ring me.

BitOutOfPractice Sun 23-Jun-13 19:50:12

OP I had a really LOVELY that means we shagged each other senseless relationship with a man and our first few dates were at home because of childcare issues (his and mine). It was all very relaxed and we could really chat without distraction.

We had a chaste kiss on the cheek the first time he came round. The second time we snogged in the kitchen for about 2 hours. It was very hot nice

Then we arranged some ahem adult time and went from there

I'm so excited for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now