Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How was it when your ex got a new partner?

(29 Posts)
FennCara Thu 13-Jun-13 20:44:26

Feeling a bit weird about this one. I've seen a few 'flings' breezing in and out of his life since we split. This one is a bit different I think.

Given that I'm having his third child in a few weeks, I don't exactly think he's much of a catch. But... I'm not really sure how I feel.

How did you feel?

susiedaisy Sat 15-Jun-13 19:35:42

It was hard, he started seeing someone 4 months after we split, after 20 years together, but for me the hardest thing had been watching him being a dad to the new women's child when he couldn't be bothered to be a dad to his own, that's been really painful to watchhmm

Lavenderhoney Sat 15-Jun-13 19:54:05

First one. -he had her up and running before I found out and dumped him. So all fury directed at him and her for not having the balls to get out in the open sooner and let me find someone better ( she was married)

Next- couldnt help seeing them as small town. She said rather too loudly " is that your ex?" And he said " yeah, ignore her, she's mental" she looked all protective, clasping his arm in hers as though i was going to fall to my knees and grab his trousers - and he winked at me.. So lucky escape there.

After that, I did the finishing. The merest hint of a red flag and goodbye. No more second chances. You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Lavenderhoney Sat 15-Jun-13 20:05:15

I pressed post before I finished- sorry - it was painful at first but i knew deep down it was always for the best, even if it didnt feel that way for a while. I used to write down what I felt, and then look back at it in a months time, and realise how change was good. No dc involved so different though.

I expect you'll be a great mum to your next baby, and ongoing to your other dc.

FennCara Sun 16-Jun-13 00:41:53

Thanks all so much. I'm sorry so many of you have been in similar positions, but congrats on it being behind you now.

wavesandsmiles I've read your thread, you have a lot more to deal with than me and cope amazingly well. Sounds like we're due around the same time. Good luck with everything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now