Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Please remind me again how bad this is

(64 Posts)
spiritedaway Thu 23-May-13 12:51:14

Posted about my boyfriend several times and received loads of excellent advice. i have only seen him once in 2 months because he just turned up. Every few weeks he becomes verbally abusive by text calling me a whore etc for having stayed in a past abusive relationship. he says i must have stayed for the lifestyle. Also he has said i don't deserve any sympathy because "if you breed with assholes shit happens. He has dumped me 5 times in a year but if i bring that up he points out he has proposed marriage so many more times. I am looking for the strength to say it must be over. because i haven't seen him in a while i am only thinking of the good times. He wants to see me this weekend and stupidly i really want so see him but haven't responded yet. Strength please. .

spiritedaway Thu 23-May-13 16:56:45

Thanks. . I haven't replied anyway

ShipwreckedAndComatose Thu 23-May-13 16:58:24

Keep posting here! Do not engage wit him...he is trying to get you to respond!

You really do deserve so much better than this twunt. He sounds like a prize charmer hmm

captainmummy Thu 23-May-13 18:18:48

What is wrong with the guy? 'Happy with whoever you are fucking?' ???What can you say to that ??(NOTHING!) - it's none of his business what you do. Or who.

He is trying to get a rise out of you.

Def. block.

vintagecakeisstillnice Thu 23-May-13 18:41:56

Sweetheart, does that last message not drill it in to you how fucked up in the head he is.

He can't believe that you dont want him, what ya mean??????

So of course that means you must be seeing someone else 'cause after all a woman cant be happy without a man.

Ignore ignore ignore

spiritedaway Thu 23-May-13 20:12:17

have ignored. i just switched my phone back on. Got a week now off work with just 2 kids, 2 away so going to try and be really productive, put up my own fence if humbly possible. I mean that literally and not figuratively btw smile but If i mange it i guess it will be a big 7ft symbol of something. Thanks so much for today.

spiritedaway Thu 23-May-13 20:13:26

that should be humanly and manage, ignore humble mange If anyone is out there

EvenBetter Thu 23-May-13 20:40:06

His use of 'should of' is a dumpable offence never mind the other tedious blathering on. Let him attention seek to someone else and bore off.
You should go on the Freedom course or at very least do an assertiveness course and/or counselling. Get a new SIM card.

MadBusLady Thu 23-May-13 21:10:04

Well done spirited. And good luck with the fence!

Lovingfreedom Thu 23-May-13 21:31:49

Well impressed that you're tackling fencing! Wow!! I give myself a pat on the back every time I get the Flymo out. Respect!..

SissySpacekAteMyHamster Thu 23-May-13 21:56:13

It might be difficult, but if you see a message has come in with his name on it, just delete it, don't read it. Don't let him mind fuck you. Just delete him from your life.

He really does seem like a self-indulgent arse, so it shouldn't be that difficult.

You need to realise that you are worth so much more than that.

Be strong. x

spiritedaway Thu 23-May-13 22:01:02

evenbetter i agree. Have spent hours working on the present perfect with him. the verb to have+participle boy ! Thankyou all lovely ladies.

Wolfiefan Thu 23-May-13 22:05:18

Sorry but he sounds just vile. You must not engage. You must get yourself to a position where you realise how completely unacceptable his behaviour is.
Good luck with the fence!

DippyDoohDahDay Fri 24-May-13 08:13:06

Hi op...I have added a link below that I started before, it helped me to move away from twunt. Not sure how to directly link, if anyone else can?
Your ex does not deserve or need any reassurance from you. Everyone on here is saying the same thing to you. Each time you read his messages or engage, it allows him to dictate your emotions, your day..your mental health. Please don't underestimate the impact these kind of people can have on you...I started antidepressants because I could not navigate around my head fuck relationship.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/1605914-any-one-have-any-mantras-to-share-about-moving-forwards-and-away-from-ex

kotinka Mon 03-Jun-13 14:19:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now