Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What pathetic things do you do to get your own back on Dh/Dp ??

(195 Posts)
Primadonnagirl Sat 11-May-13 09:13:03

When I'm angry with him I confess to having:
Hidden his keys
Put out of date food in his lunchbox
Taken the loo roll out of the bathroom
Not told him his Mum has rung...knowing he'd get into big trouble for not ringing back!!!!

MorrisZapp Sat 11-May-13 09:13:55

Hide sweets and not share.

clam Sat 11-May-13 09:40:02

Turn the heating on after he's gone out.

clam Sat 11-May-13 09:40:30

Refuse to move the wet towel he's dumped on his side of the bed.

Dryjuice25 Sat 11-May-13 12:38:14

sulk a lot

doublecakeplease Sat 11-May-13 12:42:05

Tilt the telly - drives him mad! ;-)

fridayfreedom Sat 11-May-13 12:48:18

Tumble dry his boxers and socks, he says it shrinks them.....

Wuldric Sat 11-May-13 12:55:07

When I am angry with DH I try to express my feelings calmly and directly to him.

Reading this thread is making me feel very old indeed.

HobKnob Sat 11-May-13 13:03:16

I am very ashamed to say that when DH was being an utter arse on polling day I voted Lib Dem, just because he is a rabid tory and hates them.

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Sat 11-May-13 13:04:29

ExDP once hid my chocolate, so I filled his coat pockets with rice grin

Lweji Portugal Sat 11-May-13 13:15:04

Wuldric, smile

Sad, isn't it?

pebblepots Sat 11-May-13 13:16:58

Delete his series links from the freeview box

BluddyNora Sat 11-May-13 13:18:04

Wee on his toothbrush! Joking, obviously.

nilbyname Sat 11-May-13 13:21:56

I think the rice in pockets one is inspired!!!

ForTheLoveOfSocks Sat 11-May-13 13:23:54

Hobnob that's ace. Have you confessed to him yet, or are you saving that for a special occasion? grin

DragonMamma Sat 11-May-13 13:38:14

I password protected the sports channels as his team were playing an important game and I was out of signal when he realised so the increasingly irate messages made for an interesting read.

To this day he can't see the funny side.

Hopasholic Sat 11-May-13 13:38:18

Dirty socks next on the floor next to the laundry basket might have once found their way into his pillowcase.............grin

Flask cup which he brings home and leaves next to the sink every night withour washing it just finds itself bing put in cupboard unwashed as the friggin fairy didn't come along and do it grin

Talkings fine but when you've banged on about it or long enough,actions speak louder than words grin

It's all done in jest. Humour helps wink

HobKnob Sat 11-May-13 13:39:26

socks no I haven't told him, I just secretly smile about it when he's being a knob.

PipkinsPal Sat 11-May-13 13:41:37

Wait until he is in the shower then flush the toilet or run the cold tap. The water gets hotter. Or I wait until he is in the shower then throw a cup of cold water over him.

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Sat 11-May-13 13:44:55

When I was young and foolish grin I squirted breastmilk into his coffee and did unspeakable things with his toothbrush.

I have also given him a two fingered salute behind his back, more than once.

Nowadays, I find it is far more effective to just tell him exactly why I'm pissed off.

Unfortunately, I tell him for so long and in such great detail that he ends up offering me his arm and inviting me to draw the blood I appear to be wanting from him grin

Pollydon Sat 11-May-13 14:17:52

I hate dh smoking in my car, so if I find a stray lighter hes left in there I leave it in the smokers hut at work wink

differentnameforthis Sat 11-May-13 14:24:30

Nothing, because I am not 12!

Mullinsamy Sat 11-May-13 14:58:46

I have sent myself flowers and then phoned him to thank him, and when he denies they are from him, I just tell him to stop being silly. That always gets him a little worried.

GilmoursPillow Sat 11-May-13 16:21:48

I have sent myself flowers and then phoned him to thank him, and when he denies they are from him, I just tell him to stop being silly. That always gets him a little worried.

Sorry but grin

delilahlilah Sat 11-May-13 18:00:02

ExP was a royal shit.... I 'forgot' to tell remind him that the clocks had gone back until he was fully dressed and on his way out of the door.
If he irritated me, he wouldn't listen to what the problem was so I just used to stop washing his clothes until he noticed. Sadly, very effective!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now