Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Foul mouthed ex

(28 Posts)
jayho Sat 11-May-13 08:39:30

It's a given that my ex is an abusive twat and I have taken every step possible to minimise contact between us to minimise the potential for conflict.

However, every opportunity he gets he insults me and uses foul language. For example, he has weekly phone contact, I have number recognition so as a rule, I don' answer the phone but let one of dc answer. This week they were both out, answered and told him this, cue stream of insults. He also mutters under his breath at handovers.

I know it's because he's a cowardly twunt and I shouldn't let it bother me but it does.

Help me move on.

jayho Sat 11-May-13 10:05:57

Exactly Cozie. Having discovered MN, I now know I was in a classic EA relationship but at the time it took enormous strength to get out of it despite the gaslighting, emotional and financial abuse. I've been poverty stricken ever since leaving but happy. He's furious.

jasmineramsden Sat 11-May-13 12:08:24

OP I take it he was foul mouthed and abusive verbally towards you throughout the relationship too?
What an absolute arsehole he sounds. Is it possible to have a friend or someone with u as often as possible at handovers, make it appear that you're off out, and just be bright and breezy as though u haven't heard his mutterings? Basically as tho you're living your life and couldn't give a hoot about him or what he has to say. And be OTT "bye kids smile love you smile have a nice time smile. Beaming away as tho you have not a care in the world.
That would get to him the most I imagine and leaves you hopefully feeling dignified, carefree and strong.

jasmineramsden Sat 11-May-13 12:10:06

(Sorry OP ignore beginning of my post I now see you'd already answered that question).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now