Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sleepy Sootikins no 5

(995 Posts)
KittyAndTheFontanelles Fri 10-May-13 10:27:24

Shall I start it as I finished the last? I bet no-one sees my last postsad grin

Can someone link for me please? I can't on my phone.

cafecito Thu 11-Jul-13 00:12:40

20something *mutters

can just be an age-related thing, think of all the people who have hayfever who never had it when they were younger for instance. repeat exposure can create allergies.

also , a dip in immune system back in 2001 could have triggered something

<back to pondering>

<and watching the apprentice>

<and eating double choc ice cream>

MrsShrek3 Thu 11-Jul-13 01:05:35

I am also a hitchikers fan

Bit in this case it is also the correct answer grin

how do you find your bmi out these days? when I was a physiology stooodint we had to do all kinds of sums and I am not clever enough any more

41 next birthday which is in six weeks

Wants the heat to go away as im becoming a grumpy old women

themidwife Thu 11-Jul-13 07:06:26

I'm 45. Shit! BMI is still a calculation but there is an App or just google a calculator. Although there's some new thinking that BMI isn't as significant as though because it doesn't take into account body composition. Eg a 5' tall but extremely fit & quite muscular fitness instructor I know has a BMI of 30 that classifies her as obese even though she's a size 8 & has a teeny waist.
Crazy huh?

Minimammoth Thu 11-Jul-13 08:01:53

Had a virus flu thing in 2001 whilst on holiday. That was the first time I had a mega reaction. My BMI is 26 and weigh the same as when pregnant with twins. How did that happen.In muffled voice, am 64. But don't tell.

KittyAndTheFontanelles Thu 11-Jul-13 20:08:39

Hi all, another quick sign in while Mrkitty and LBK read mog the forgetful cat (what's with the burglar having a cup of tea at the end? hmm )

Thanks all for suggestions, kind words and strategies. A different doctor now diagnosed hand, foot and mouth and I'm in agreement. Apparently no danger to the Christmas pud either. Littlekitty is fine for the most part but still prone to out of the blue, sobby "mama!"

Oh, I'm needed now, time to settle the LBK. Back later.

MrsShrek3 Thu 11-Jul-13 22:55:13

Hello kitty grin very apt choice of book....
looked up bmi. 16.8 blush hmm
more chocolate. now. I've had chippy tea as well. hmm

jynier Thu 11-Jul-13 23:24:02

Hi all!

Congratulations to cafe on your exam success!!! Well done! (Sorry about the twunt, though.) Believe that I played a big part in your achievement due to my HUGE efforts to encourage your night-time studying!!! However, no need to thank me; I'll bask in the reflected glory!

Sympathy to the rest of you for your trials and tribulations - hope that you're all fine now!

Had never heard of that hand, foot and mouth problem until a few years ago when it was contracted by my friend's DD.

Why is there all this interest about age? I'm not divulging mine but am happy to share that my BMI is 21.6 (it's gone up from 20 2 years ago). MrsShrek3 - 16.8 is very underweight!

jynier Thu 11-Jul-13 23:37:19

Coincidentally, was just channel-hopping and there is a man with a BMI of 59.7 on Embarrassing Bodies.

KittyAndTheFontanelles Thu 11-Jul-13 23:39:41

Ai'ght Mrs, you just couldn't help yourself could you? grin

Now about your BMI, is that usual or because of recent events?

Mine is 25 but will start going up again soon no doubt. Since I made the Christmas pud I've lost 11lbs and then gained 2. Didn't reach my pre pregnancy weight but nearly. I'm nearly 39 shock

How tall are we? I'm 5'6". I see mini as willowy smile

I've just had the worst ever trying to settle littlekitty session. Took almost 2 hours, lots of screaming, in my arms crying for dada, in his screaming for mama. Sobbing, rigid body. Awful. It was so upsetting. She got herself into such a pickle. she's still sobbing in her sleep now. sad I'm very sorry to note that I think my milk has dried up because of the pregnancy sad I'm finding it a bit hard to come to terms with [precious].

I've just tried to cheer myself some with homemade baked New York cheesecake blush <what BMI?>

Cafe, littlekitty, the Christmas pudding and I are all very proud of you grin wine thanks etc. Congratulations but we knew you could do it! You must be so thrilled.

stars, I don't understand thongs confused

mini you poor, willowy thing. Crack open that bicarb and get MrMini to bathe you wink

Hi to everyone else smile

cafecito Fri 12-Jul-13 00:19:30

I am 5'2 ...

16.8! MrsShrek mas vino and chocolate now, followed by some Jamaican nosh

I ate plantain for lunch, with chili sauce

I lost broadband all day [sobs] but virgin have kindly fixed it from india at midnight for me so I can MN forgot to pay my bill

haha at jynier grin

right, mini, we have half a diagnosis...!

cafecito Fri 12-Jul-13 00:21:01

sorry about littlekitty sad and your milk, but wow to carrying on for so long - !!

cheesecake yes please

jynier Fri 12-Jul-13 01:12:02

Hi, cafe! Am very proud of you! You may be responsible for my care eventually ...!

When did we have the party? Can't track it down but think that there should be another to celebrate your success!!!

cafecito Fri 12-Jul-13 03:46:09

with a butler and cheesecake? hmm grin

themidwife Fri 12-Jul-13 07:47:42

I'm 5'7 1/2 (all important half!) so with a BMI of 31 I'm clearly a big buxom blonde rather than willowy like the rest of you!

Minimammoth Fri 12-Jul-13 08:33:45

Am def. not willowy. Trying desperately to live up to Kitty's image of me, I am 5'4" I do have long arms though, think chimp rather than willowygrin < massive breakfast muffins for Shrekki and Jynier>
Sorry to hear about breast milk Kitty, may be its the right time, you can still snuggle LBK and will soon have a new boob monster.

themidwife Fri 12-Jul-13 11:50:11

Yes sorry kitty about the milk. I guess your body is just conserving energy for your new baby now. Did anyone see that programme recently Dr Alice Roberts presented about being human? Fascinating research into why we give birth at around 38 weeks gestation & the fetus's energy requirements!

jynier Sat 13-Jul-13 01:04:14

My beloved youngest niece had a baby girl yesterday! Never mentioned her pregnancy on here as there were some very worrying issues BUT ALL IS FINE!!! Gorgeous baby - seen a pic already! Truly wonderful!

MrsShrek3 Sat 13-Jul-13 01:12:23

awwww. is all ok now? mum and baby?

btw new thread needed with linky here wink

MrsShrek3 Sat 13-Jul-13 01:17:40

new fred
[controlfreak]
grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now