Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do you and your DH/DP go to bed at the sane time?

(53 Posts)
NothingsLeft Thu 09-May-13 19:33:07

And do you feel it's important?

DH never comes to bed at the same time as me and I feel like it effects our relationship. I always ask him to come when I go but he never does. He stays up watching crap in telly or using the Internet.

I am in bed quite early as DS is a terrible sleeper and quite likely to wake at least twice and it's the only way I can cope. I can't remember the last time we went to bed at the same time. I don't know why it bothers me it just does hmm

cory Fri 10-May-13 09:23:08

We used to, but dh has a new job and has to get up at 4.45 in the morning, which means going to bed at 9. That is my best working time and I really would suffer if I had to sacrifice that.

My mum and dad are totally incompatible when it comes to bedtimes: he wants to be up and having lively conversations at 5.30 in the morning and is snoring in a chair by 9, she feels sick if she has to talk or think before 8 a.m. and is at her liveliest and most sociable about the time he goes to bed. It takes a fair bit of tolerance to run a marriage like that, but they have managed it.

gemdrop84 Fri 10-May-13 14:37:15

Only at the weekend and in the holidays. Ds is 14wks and not a great sleeper, I normally get up with him in night. Go up at about 9pm, read or watch tv. Do feel it is quite important as we don't have much time together. 2 nights a wk he has band practice and he's a teacher so spends a few hours a night marking and preparing lessons. Like it when we go to bed together as we normally cuddle up and talk.

Gillian1980 Fri 10-May-13 14:42:36

We usually go to bed at the same time as we like to lie and chat for a while before we read, have sex or sleep.

Though fairly often one of us (more often me) will go up first, but that's usually ro read rather than to go to sleep. So we'll both be awake together before settling down for the night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now