Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sex with cousin

(132 Posts)
Bitofadviceplease Thu 02-May-13 22:11:31

How wrong is it?

You cannot delete the thread, but can ask MN to.

Don't be sorry you posted, but it might have helped if you had added in your OP that the deed had already been done.

Hope you are ok and that there won't be family fallout from this.

Take care.

olgaga Fri 03-May-13 22:50:07

I shouldn't of posted. Didn't want nasty responses, no need for it.

Maybe it's a wake up call for you about the varied response you can expect from family members if they ever find out.

Sex is great

You are both adults... its consenting... and within the law...

Will you hurt people if they find out? Is it any of their business?

Reeeeeally am quite sure poeple have done much worse, don;t beat your self up.

Disclaimer: its friday night, I am dosed up on pain medication and I have speed read this thread.

HungryClocksGoBackFourSeconds Fri 03-May-13 23:03:28

If you'd put something like. "I've slept with my cousin, it's only happened a couple of times and we've agreed not to do it again, but I'm feeling a bit worried and could do with some reassurance that I haven't done something terrible" then you would probably have got more considerate responses.

But you phrased it as if you were just wondering about people's opinions on a taboo subject, like "Is it weird to share a toothbrush with my OH?"
So you got honest, uncensored opinions. Also you didn't seem too bothered what people thought, so I don't think anyone thought you needed or wanted your feelings to be considered before they posted.

Kione Sun 05-May-13 22:29:25

Its not illegal.
She is asking about sex, so I dont understand the "do you even love him?" replies.
I know a couple that are cousins, married, and have kids. I guess in small secluded communities will be very common.
I also think it depends on the relationship between families. I had a huge crush on my mums cousins son when little. Only saw him a few weeks in the summer. He told me we would go to jail if we kissed grin I must have been 10 when he said that.
In summary, for me, since its legal, it depends on how close you-the families are.

bombayjoe Sat 06-Jul-13 05:04:54

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

TDada Sat 06-Jul-13 07:14:58

Where is the harm done. Family members shod mind their own business!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now