Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do you love your sister more than your DH

(59 Posts)
MotheringShites Sat 27-Apr-13 22:30:53

I was just reading an article in the MoS about identical twins. It made me think about my sister (not a twin) and how much I love her. I think it's more than my DH but obv not more than DCs.

Anyone else love their sister more than their partner?

chipmonkey Sun 28-Apr-13 23:40:05

Tough question!
I love my children the most.
Dh is always here but dsis has always been there. In testing times, dh has definitely been more of a suppport than dsis but she could probably say the same of her dh and me.
I wouldn't like to have to choose!

willyoulistentome Sun 28-Apr-13 23:53:34

In the burning building scenario it would be..
1) kids
2) mum
3) brothers
4) horse
5) MIL. (Yes really. She's lovely)

Not sure if I'd bother with DH.

readyforno2 Mon 29-Apr-13 00:18:36

Without a doubt. She's on the other side of the world just now and I really miss her sad

BarredfromhavingStella Mon 29-Apr-13 00:26:39

No cos I don't have a sister, pretty sure though that if i did I'd still love DH more, mainly as this is a love through choice.

Love my brother, can't stand the fucker though so same as above... hmm

readyforno2 Mon 29-Apr-13 00:27:17

Believe it or not, she just phoned me...

BrittaPie Mon 29-Apr-13 00:28:51

If my sister slagged off my DH, I would be annoyed at her, but listen to what she was saying. But I would never live with my sister as she would do my head in.

If my DH slagged off my sister I would give him about five minutes to explain himself, then leave him.

(I have actually left him, tbh. Not over my sisters, for other stuff, but I am maybe biased...)

If ANYBODY slags off my children they don't get the five minutes.

I will only hug my children and DH (even though we've split up, I hugged him tonight) and sisters/parents in extreme circumstances.

Different types of love.

arsenaltilidie Mon 29-Apr-13 01:25:38

If i loved my DP as much as I love my DSis then we have a problem.
Vice versa.
Regardless of how much i slag off my sis, no one is allowed to say any bad things about her.

Salbertina Mon 29-Apr-13 07:01:07

Its good to hear about healthy , close sibling relationships on here. Sadly, my dsis is rather mixed up and jealous, never made the effort for a close, adult relationship with me hmm or to offer support through my hard times as i have through hers; on the rare times when we do meet, its ALL about her. Rather enabled by my indulgent yet critical parents and her weak dh, not a great combination for a healthy grown-up to have.

So no way, much as i doubt us at times, dh wins hands down!

Wilding Mon 29-Apr-13 11:16:25

No DP at the moment, but none of my previous partners would ever have come above my sister.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now