Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Opinions needed.

(12 Posts)
QueenMatilda Sat 27-Apr-13 08:50:07

I'm recently divorced and I've worked with my male colleague for 5 years. We have always go on well but nothing more. We do share the same sense of humour. At a recent meeting we were sitting close together and our legs were touching. Usually one of us would say sorry and move our leg away, but we ending up with our legs touching (knee and side of calf)for most of the 45 min meeting, neither of us moving away.
He is quite attractive, though I've never considered him in that way, do you think I should read anything in to this?

DottyboutDots Sat 27-Apr-13 08:53:59

Sounds like you are very comfortable together. If you like him, flirt a bit...

Dahlen Sat 27-Apr-13 08:58:54

Couple of crucial points to check first. Is he single? Is he gay? Does he have a think for Chantelle in accounts that everyone else knows about? wink

If he's available and you're getting good vibes, ask him for an after-work drink on the pretense of it being a busy day and you fancy winding down with some easy company. All very friendly and face-saving if he says no.

QueenMatilda Sat 27-Apr-13 09:00:24

He is single smile feel so inexperienced, not done this for 20 years!

OrWellyAnn Sat 27-Apr-13 09:02:15

Depends, you say you've never considered him I'm that way but you didn't move your leg away either...so what were you thinking whilst this was happening...omg his leg is on my leg, or hmmm this is nice...you certainly noticed it and let it stay that way, as did he, which is unusual unless you are v good friends or attracted to the other person IMO.

QueenMatilda Sat 27-Apr-13 09:16:35

I did enjoy it and was pleased it was happening.

OrWellyAnn Sat 27-Apr-13 10:47:00

Well then, you need to get subtly flirty with him and see where it goes from there! I'd say he's either interested or very relaxed about where his knee goes! Come back and keep us updated! grin

GirlWiththeLionHeart Sat 27-Apr-13 10:57:48

Sounds like a bit of chemistry as he probably wouldve moved his legs otherwise

something2say Sat 27-Apr-13 10:59:38

Yep sounds like chemistry to me!!

QueenMatilda Sat 27-Apr-13 17:51:33

Isn't dating a work colleague more trouble than it's worth though?

Yes. Pretend it never happened wink grin

scaevola Sat 27-Apr-13 18:30:37

Enjoy the "maybe", but flirting/dating at work is fraught, and often a bad idea.

But as it's awoken something in you, perhaps you could take that feeling and confidence into encounters where your professional reputation isn't involved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now