Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The train has departed Loserville - Next stop Happy Town.

(997 Posts)
LoserNoMore Tue 23-Apr-13 19:06:34

Just went to post on my other thread but it's full already!

I'll attempt to link it but I'm on my phone so probably won't work.

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/1726699-Last-train-to-Loserville-Part-2

Excuse the cheesy title, my brain won't work. Just going to read last few replies on old thread.

JaxTellerIsAllMine Wed 08-May-13 15:36:36

I believe that thread was chcoraisins one lower

lazarusb Wed 08-May-13 17:00:18

Good luck with the interview on Friday LNM. Getting the interview is more than half the battle. Fingers crossed it's the right one for you.

themidwife Wed 08-May-13 18:29:02

Chocoraisin or more recently Chocoreturns are superb threads

Fairenuff Wed 08-May-13 22:57:21

Hi LNM just popped back to see how you've been getting on and so pleased to hear you've had a bit of good news for a change and a lovely couple of days in the sunshine smile

Will keep everything crossed for you re job x

perfectstorm Wed 08-May-13 23:56:13

Oh LMN what brilliant news - what time on Friday, so we can all send you positive vibes? They should be strong enough to lift the roof if we concentrate. grin

JaxTellerIsAllMine Thu 09-May-13 08:19:10

yes midwife she is such a strong person. How she coped I will never know, but she is bloody amazing! grin

themidwife Thu 09-May-13 08:47:04

She is inspirational!

JaxTellerIsAllMine Thu 09-May-13 12:40:06

lnm how you doing?

LoserNoMore Thu 09-May-13 17:52:59

I'm ok Jax, well I'm bloody knackered truth be told. Wish I could win the lottery and never have to work again. Just got home, girls are doing homework and I've flopped on my bed, jacket still on resisting the urge to pull the duvet over me and go to sleep. I need a holiday.

Perfectstorm, interview is at 4pm tomorrow. All good vibes welcome thank you.

CabbageLeaves Thu 09-May-13 17:56:34

I will be channeling vibes at 4pm

I've just got in, freezer surprise (think its curry???) in microwave, rice on hob, DD chuntering at me constantly and I've locked myself in the bathroom just for some head space. My life is all glamour

LoserNoMore Thu 09-May-13 18:04:33

Ha love the freezer surprise, got to keep things exciting, cabbage!

Spaghetti Bol here tonight, if I can drag myself to the kitchen.

imtheonlyone Thu 09-May-13 18:06:34

Hi LNM - I've been away for a few days but back now!! Complete with sunburn and now a very peely face that had scared all the kids at school today!!!

Great news on the interview front - will definitely have the good luck vibes flowing for you at 4pm - that would really be a blessing wouldn't it? Be yourself and there's no way they could say no!!! Try telling them that a load of hormonal mn women will be after them if they turn you down!!!

Seriously - GOOD LUCK!!!! thanksthanks

PyroclasticFlo Thu 09-May-13 19:15:02

Good luck for tomorrow LNM I'll be sending you lots of magic positive witchy vibes and all sorts of well-wishing-woo-ness wink
flowers

JaxTellerIsAllMine Thu 09-May-13 19:30:02

I will keep everything crossed for you tomorrow. Will also be praying to all the gods/sending woo ness, your way at 4.

Sell yourself LNM! Give them a good interview.

I am low carbing here, so made chicken chow mein for kids, (DH is away until tomorrow) and made a beef stir fry for me. Just munching on an avocado and some manchego cheese now. Im so hungry tonight!

Flossbert Thu 09-May-13 19:35:45

Hi LNM
I've been lurking and, like everyone else, have been amazed by your courage. Just wanted to de-lurk to wish you the best of British for tomorrow. Knock 'em dead!
smile

perfectstorm Thu 09-May-13 20:03:50

Well, this atheist believer in peer-reviewed, evidence-based science will be sending all the luck and good vibes in the world at 4 pm tomorrow. Because if anyone deserves woo to exist, it's you. Not that you'll need it, I'm sure. I think this whole thread proves how lucky they would be to have you.

CabbageLeaves Thu 09-May-13 20:55:54

Aw Go LNM Go!

I'm stuffing chocolate cake. I bought a new dress in M&S tonight when I went to get a birthday card... and possibly a cardy and some sandals DD scored some shorts so the sun had better bloody appear now

(It's a sun dress in a sort of tent kind of way which means chocolate cake is allowed, in fact almost compulsory)

Hope the dragging to the kitchen produced a grand spag bol LNM

cjel Thu 09-May-13 20:59:24

am on the toblerone but belly is nearly bursting. Had an Mand S splurge whan the sun came out the other day but back in boots and ski jacket tonight.

LoserNoMore Thu 09-May-13 22:08:12

Thanks for the good lucks.

I've had a massive headache for a couple of hours. Searched high and low for painkillers, eventually found a packet of Solpadol so took 3 and now I feel spaced out. I'll slep well yonight. They are just paracetamol aren't they?

It's codeine and paracetamol. That's why you feel spaced out.

Noseynoonoo Thu 09-May-13 22:21:54

Good luck for tomorrow. Will be thinking of you at 4pm!

JaxTellerIsAllMine Thu 09-May-13 22:33:23

no wonder you feel spaced out! Get yourself off to bed with a large glass of water.

LoserNoMore Thu 09-May-13 22:46:25

Thanks nosey.

Yeah I've drank 2 pints of water, Jax. I never take painkillers unless I really really have to, i was desperate.Headaches gone now.

CabbageLeaves Thu 09-May-13 23:08:32

Sleep well

Areyoumadorisitme Thu 09-May-13 23:46:33

Sleep well. Good luck tomorrow smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now