Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I' feel horrible just said terrible things to oh in front of baby :(

(9 Posts)
Wishfulmakeupping Fri 19-Apr-13 20:21:24

Long story resentments been building all week something quite trivial turned into me laying into him verbally told him he was useless and our baby deserved better (not true he's a wonderful dad) I can't stop crying I've really upset him and things were said that he won't forgot.
I feel like shit and now my little baby is noticing that I'm stressed and getting stressed sad

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Fri 19-Apr-13 20:23:50

No lasting harm will be done I'm sure but it does feel horrible when it happens, how old is the baby?

nenevomito Fri 19-Apr-13 20:24:26

How old is your baby? are you still at the sleepless night stage? When mine were little and I was permanently exhausted, DH and I had some humdinger rows.

Its one row and I'm sure things will settle down. Can you go and make up?

Wishfulmakeupping Fri 19-Apr-13 20:26:45

She's 11 weeks. We are both tired I just keep pushing him I know I'm not being fair sad he's accepted my apology but I can tell he's genuinely upset I feel sick

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Fri 19-Apr-13 20:29:34

Oh Wishful it will be OK. You're both exhausted and your hormones are still all over the place, have you spoken to your GP or health visitor about how you feel? Sending you a sneaky hug.

Wishfulmakeupping Fri 19-Apr-13 21:12:40

I don't think it's anything less PNd it's just little things are annoying me more I'm trying to make everything perfect for baby and its not happening- but I shouldn't take it out on oh

Wishfulmakeupping Fri 19-Apr-13 21:12:56

But thank u smile

happyfirsttimemummy Fri 19-Apr-13 21:25:44

Don't worry! Your baby will have forgotten all about the stress in a matter of minutes. You're bound to argue at this point...every couple does, I'm sure of it. Me and the OH were at eachothers throats a few weeks in. Just try to stay calm and rationalise things by thinking about why you're upset...are you tired etc. If tensions arise, put the baby somewhere safe for a minute leave the room and talk things over. It's much easier that way. 6 months on, me and the OH are as happy as anything, you just have to persevere and try to stay sane smile Hope this has helped.

Good luck, and enjoy your LO. They grow up so fast x

Wishfulmakeupping Fri 19-Apr-13 21:29:27

Thank you we love little one so much it's me being daft and letting small things get to me- I'm just tired that's all. Oh is fine now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now