Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Hold my hand please ... Am I doing the right thing?

(2 Posts)
Inseywinseyupthespout Fri 19-Apr-13 18:21:59

I know nobody can really answer this but I'm in such a dumpy place right now . Some guidance would be nice .

I've tried for 2 years to get over my DH EA . I had PND when it happened and had just lost mum to illness .

When I found out I kicked him out but he was still coming round . We chatted and within a few days decided to give it another go .

Only for me to find out the same week he was still contacting her . I ended it again but as he had literally nowhere to go , I let him move back home and after a stupid night I got pregnant with DD2 (very much wanted).

Fast forward and we do get on well at times but most of the time we argue . We barely have sex or show affection.

There have been times when I have been so nasty to him because I can't get over the way he treated me .

The last straw has been this week when he asked if I has been looking through his phone (I hadn't ) and if there had been someone in my car because the head rest was different ! (There hadn't been)

This just made me realise that we don't trust each other . I feel like I just wouldn't care anymore if he cheated again . I feel so empty and tired .

Is it time to end things ?

I still have to live with him so its not going to be that easy sad

akaWisey Fri 19-Apr-13 19:43:54

Hi Insey

From the account you have given it sounds to me like it might be helpful to you if you separate for a while. He abused your trust, you didn't have the space and time to really process the impact of the EA on top of PND and bereavement (FGS). Maybe you need to do that now. It doesn't matter that it's two years on. If you are asking the question it's a good question to ask.

Why would you still have to live with him if you end it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now