Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Please help me get out of this violent, abusive, damaging house!

(13 Posts)
MissSG Fri 19-Apr-13 17:40:47

I have also posted in LP but I thought that there would be more traffic here and I really need help.

I have a 19 MO DS and I am 25 weeks pregnant with DC2.

Bit of background: Fiancé left me 4 months ago out of the blue, I was left with nothing so I had no choice but to move in with my parents.

It has been hell on earth and it would take me all night writing everything down but today was the final straw to me when my Dad got so annoyed with me not wanting my DS to hand feed the dogs some chicken as I do not trust them he started screaming at me when i replied 'I am his Mum and I don't want him doing it so he wont' he preceded to get extremely angry and threw a cup at me as hard as he could, luckily it hit my leg and not my belly.

I've had enough, I went lightheaded because of how upset I became, I am now trying to calm myself down and I have removed DS from the situation. No support from other family members living in the house at all.

I need to go, move out of here. Please tell me how I can do this. I receive tax credits and income support if this helps.

I've had enough.

Sephrenia Fri 19-Apr-13 17:44:01

Women's Aid? It certainly can't hurt to give them a ring sad

Lucyellensmum95 Fri 19-Apr-13 17:47:50

Oh god, you poor thing -i second a call to women's aid. They will at least be able to advise you regarding housing and benefits entitlement. Could you talk to your midwife?

Hissy Fri 19-Apr-13 19:13:37

Do you have the mobile number of your MW? Call her now and tell her what's happening. She'll be able to find someone to help.

Good luck sweety! Keep strong and son't stop till you're free of this terrible situation.

flippinada Fri 19-Apr-13 19:41:43

You poor thing.

Do try Women's Aid...wracking my brains for anyone else who might be able to help.

You could also get in touch with Shelter: http://www.shelter.org.uk/

flippinada Fri 19-Apr-13 19:42:05

Oh, link fail sorry Shelter

ImperialBlether Fri 19-Apr-13 19:42:14

Your dad sounds deranged. It must be incredibly stressful for you having to be there. I'm sorry I don't know what you can do - will your mum be able to lend you any money for a deposit? What about your ex?

Once you get out, everything will be fine. Try to stay strong for now and think of how lovely it'll be in your own place.

I agree you should phone your MW - she will know who to pass you on to.

MissSG Fri 19-Apr-13 19:42:55

I do have my MW number but she switches her phone off when she isn't on duty.

Can I e-mail woman's aid? I am a complete mess and I can't really talk to someone on the phone right now. What should I say? And what will happen to me and my DS?

Sorry for the questions.

flippinada Fri 19-Apr-13 19:47:05

Shelter have a section you can click on, what to do in an emergency, have a look there - reading something may help you feel a bit more 'in control'.

Don't apologise for asking questions smile.

flippinada Fri 19-Apr-13 19:49:51

You could google for homeless/emergency accommodation on your council's webpage?

If you can gather yourself togethr, and I do understand how hard it is, I would really recommend calling someone on the phone so they can help you asap.

judgepickles Fri 19-Apr-13 19:58:01

Womens Aid will give you the best help. You'll get all kinds of support, and a safe place to live while you sort yourself out. You are not in a safe place. Please contact them and leave.

judgepickles Fri 19-Apr-13 20:00:48

And as for what to tell them. Tell them what has happened, which us physical abuse.

LovesBeingWokenEveryNight Sun 21-Apr-13 08:48:10

Tell them you and both your children are at risk. Do you need to help your mum to leave as well? If she won't please go anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now