Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

A happy update from TIL

(389 Posts)
TisILeclerc Thu 18-Apr-13 14:29:10

She and the children are where they need to be now and she is very grateful for all the support and encouragement she has received. I hope very much that she will return here but for now she’s intending to lie a little bit low.

Please just be sensitive to the fact that this is a huge, life changing decision for her and I think she would like it toned down a bit wrt pompoms and congratulations. I hope very much that this will change as the days pass and she becomes accustomed to the incredulous joy of freedom. She is already sounding positive about life where she is right now.

This time they really are ‘safe’ in the way that everybody hoped previously.

NB I have not used any names in this for a reason. Please be aware of security as she is understandably very worried about him locating her

thanks

Alwayscheerful Thu 18-Apr-13 17:38:28

THANK YOU I am so happy for them.

ScrambledSmegs Thu 18-Apr-13 17:42:30

Good news. Thank you TIS.

KitchenandJumble Thu 18-Apr-13 17:45:30

Thank you so much for the update. I am very happy for them. I'm really in awe of the courage and strength required for such a monumental change. May that courage and strength continue to sustain her in the days ahead.

forgetmenots Thu 18-Apr-13 18:05:39

Thank you for the update. Completely understand her desire for the fanfare to be muted, if you can, let her know that we are all very much in awe of her dignity and strength in this decision.

tumbletumble Thu 18-Apr-13 18:37:00

Thank you for the update Tis smile smile smile

Thanks. flowers

That is great news.

Can you give a grin from me that goes not from ear to ear but around my entire head? Imagine the corners of my mouth at the back of my neck. Sort of.

Charlesroi Thu 18-Apr-13 18:47:44

Well done TIL and please pass on my best wishes and admiration to your friend and her family. grin

Cuddlydragon Thu 18-Apr-13 19:01:34

Thank you for the update. I'm in awe of her strength and courage. I wish her and her children every happiness and joy in the future. smile

foolonthehill Thu 18-Apr-13 19:04:43

There is a long road from here, but I hope and pray that the footsteps always go forwards and that she and her DC have many friends to help them along the way.

LittleBearPad Thu 18-Apr-13 19:09:00

Thank you TIS, that's such good news. Best wishes to her and the DCs. Upwards now and onwards.

mum47 Thu 18-Apr-13 19:09:20

Another lurker, wishing her and dc well, and strength and courage for the journey ahead. flowers

weebarra Thu 18-Apr-13 19:33:55

Delurking. Good news. Thank you TIL.

MadAboutHotChoc Thu 18-Apr-13 19:34:36

smile thanks for letting us know thanks

Pandemoniaa Thu 18-Apr-13 19:35:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lovelilies Thu 18-Apr-13 19:36:31

Thank goodness, wishing all the luck in yhe world, and a big fat well done smile

RenterNomad Thu 18-Apr-13 19:38:07

What a relief. I hope they all find peace.

lunar1 Thu 18-Apr-13 19:47:09

Thank you for the update, this is one of the bravest stories I have ever read.

Pandemoniaa Thu 18-Apr-13 20:04:55

Such a relief and such good news. All the best on their voyage towards Much Better Things.

butterflymeadow Thu 18-Apr-13 20:11:43

Thank heavens. Strength and courage for every step of the journey ahead.

MrsPoglesWood Thu 18-Apr-13 20:15:22

That is great news, I wish her all the best in her journey towards a new and happy life with her DC.

MushroomSoup Thu 18-Apr-13 20:26:05

GODSPEED!

ponygirlcurtis Thu 18-Apr-13 20:33:11

Thinking of you. It's just the beginning of a journey, and it'll probably be a hard one, but you've already proved you are more than up to the challenge. You can do anything now. Don't be afraid to ask for help, either here on through PMs or RL people.

And glad you have Tis in your corner , she rocks!

thepatioislumpy Thu 18-Apr-13 20:42:12

Good luck. I hope all is well and that you settle where you are. You have done a wonderful thing, now keep being led by the rl help you have there. They know their stuff smile

that is SUCH a relief. i think of her every day. a cloud has lifted.

and i think the support on her threads has been totally amazing.

people with unbelievably good insight, math and izzy, to name a couple. what an amazing place mn is.

good luck to her.

and a thank you to TisI for letting us know and being a strong support behind the scenes.

take care.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now