Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

can't sleep won't sleep 4

(1000 Posts)
SummerDad Mon 15-Apr-13 22:10:38

Here we are dear fellas grin

BlueyDragon Thu 25-Apr-13 02:26:07

Sheep and goats? This thread's gone all biblical...

Sorry for the absence, I've been <whispers> sleeping. In a normal kind of fashion, if you call crashing out at 9 pm normal smile. At least I got here in time for the party. I have a cracking " happy music" playlist that 3 of my friends and I put together when I was just diagnosed, all of which is bouncy happy rocky stuff - shall I bring that? Think Chumbawumba, we Are Young by fun, Parklife, Bon Jovi and, erm, the Ski Sunday theme tune. I can also bring my secret recipe chocolate mousse and eat it all .

cafe, that's amazing that you got to do surgery for real! That must feel properly scary and really brilliant all the same.

I love the sound of your wardrobe, kitty! Have you been to the Goodwood Revival? I am going this year for definite (couldn't go last year as I was only ten days post-op, stoopid cancer messing up yet another thing) in the lovely 50s tea dress I bought. Now I want brogues to go with it smile.

MrsS, how's the kit watching going? Well done to minifootyShrek, what a star!

Hear the twinkling? No, jynier, not the dawn chorus yet smile. That's me scattering sleep dust on the thread and particularly on all DCs with wonky sleep attitudes like DS.

BlueyDragon Thu 25-Apr-13 02:28:03

<cuddles Stoic>

jynier Thu 25-Apr-13 02:40:50

Hi, Bluey!

Pleased that you're here tonight!!!

Yay, bring on all the bouncy music and the chocolate mousse!

Will have to ask everyone to remove their shoes as don't want flooring damaged!

Have a good night!

BlueyDragon Thu 25-Apr-13 02:49:00

Hello jynier, how are you doing?

jynier Thu 25-Apr-13 03:03:59

Ok, tx, Bluey! More to the point, how are you???

x

jynier Thu 25-Apr-13 03:06:49

See that Dad has left us again; MEN!!!

BlueyDragon Thu 25-Apr-13 03:19:35

Hmmm, not so good - first scan results are tomorrow (hence I'm awake). And I had a complete meltdown this morning because for some reason my hands have swollen up so I've had to take my wedding ring and my signet ring off, both of which have huge symbolic value to me so I'm really upset and my hands feel naked. Lots of other stuff going on, both with me and the rest of the family, none of which is good. So whilst I've had a lovely week seeing friends, mentally I'm not doing so well sad.

You all made me smile when I came back for a catch up though.

jynier Thu 25-Apr-13 04:09:32

Will be thinking of you, Bluey, and hope that you receive good news tomorrow!!!

Love, xxx

KittyAndTheFontanelles Thu 25-Apr-13 07:55:11

Very good luck for you today bluey thanks thanks thanks

Prayers are being said here. thanks

I've never been to Goodwood but would love to go. Perhaps you could borrow my brogues so at least they had been grin

I tried to convince my husband to have our honeymoon there but New York won insteadwink

KittyAndTheFontanelles Thu 25-Apr-13 07:59:37

Harriet oh my, what a bad run you have had.sad I had hand, foot and mouth a few years ago, it was excruciating sad

Glad your son seems to be strengthening but I'm so sorry there is still no work on the horizon sad

WouldBeHarrietVane Thu 25-Apr-13 08:09:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WouldBeHarrietVane Thu 25-Apr-13 08:10:15

KittyAndTheFontanelles Thu 25-Apr-13 08:44:40

Oh that makes such a difference, Harriet

Hope you have a lovely day too smile

themidwife Thu 25-Apr-13 09:18:33

Hi y'all! Welcome back stoic Harriett & Bluey!!

Big hugs for the hard times you're having. Really hope the scan is good news today Bluey. thanks

Thank God we have Jynier here to offer night time support esp re bereavement - I'm useless as I'm from a fractured family & also letting the side down & sleeping at night!!

Wouldn't it be funny if we really did have a party! A fascinating mixture of people from all walks of life & age groups!!

I don't think Cafe actually did the surgery - I imagine that like me in my student days she was probably standing on a crate peering in, pretending to know what was going on & trying to breathe through her mouth!! wink

WouldBeHarrietVane Thu 25-Apr-13 10:45:56

KittyAndTheFontanelles Thu 25-Apr-13 11:29:50

Oh Harriet sad. Virtual hot toddy being mixed in kittycity for you brew

themidwife Thu 25-Apr-13 12:12:26

I'm not ill but could I have a KittyCity hot toddy anyway!! smile

Minimammoth Thu 25-Apr-13 16:01:08

I hope the day is going well. I am sending healing thoughts to all who are struggling. Hope the news is good Bluey.
At least at a virtual party we won't be passing on our bugs.
Will it be fancy dress?

themidwife Thu 25-Apr-13 16:27:15

Yes why not!! What are you coming as Mini? smile

Minimammoth Thu 25-Apr-13 17:50:37

Something that reflects my inner beauty, a cauliflower perhaps. I hope stars will bring Tim and Trevor, I am so looking forward to meeting them.

KittyAndTheFontanelles Thu 25-Apr-13 18:22:41

Oh themidwife so sorry it's late but it is made with lovegrin

brew smile

BlueyDragon Thu 25-Apr-13 18:31:26

The news was good! There is something they want to check out, but the oncologist is as sure as possible that it is either scar tissue from the surgery or stool obstructing the scan view, but not a new growth. The MDT will discuss on Tuesday and let me know. Phew, I was prepared for the worst.

Am having sparkly wine and lots of it.

themidwife Thu 25-Apr-13 19:24:03

Oh Bluey that's fab news!!!!

Thanks Kitty!!

Cauliflowers are beautiful Mini! wink

WouldBeHarrietVane Thu 25-Apr-13 19:38:19

KittyAndTheFontanelles Thu 25-Apr-13 21:04:50

I've had a lovely but knackering day... littlekitty late to bed, I'm hoping to crash now.

Just want first congratulate you bluey on your wonderful news. grin thanks

Hope you are totally half sloshed by nowwine wine wine

I'm raising a glass of sparkling water to you here in kittycity. grin

Night all, hope I don't see any of you tonight grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.