Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

can't sleep won't sleep 4

(1000 Posts)
SummerDad Mon 15-Apr-13 22:10:38

Here we are dear fellas grin

jynier Mon 15-Apr-13 23:05:16

MrsShrek3 - Oh! Must have missed something!!! Ignore my posts!

MrsShrek3 Mon 15-Apr-13 23:05:25

jynier I actually loled at that... pmsl grin

MrsShrek3 Mon 15-Apr-13 23:06:01

mucho cross posing. this is hilariousgrin

MrsShrek3 Mon 15-Apr-13 23:06:20

POSTING ffs grin

SummerDad Mon 15-Apr-13 23:07:58

hehehe As far as I can recall through the depths of my hazy brain, Fiona was Shrek's wife [hehehe]

grin @ harem <SD day dreams>

KittyAndTheFontanelles Mon 15-Apr-13 23:14:48

Big daddy ?! shock

"ah fookin luvs yer all".... is that the codeine talking? grin

Thank you jynier. I'm feeling fine. I'm sorry you are troubled sad

Mrs what do your children think of having their birthdays at Christmas? It's troubling me a bit I have to say.

Angelina Jolie? psh, you don't want to look like her themidwife

KittyAndTheFontanelles Mon 15-Apr-13 23:16:47

Right, now I've found you and plonked my ample peach down, I'm going to curl up for a snooze.

Someone poke me if I snore, please? grin

jynier Mon 15-Apr-13 23:48:24

Tx Kitty! - I know what I'm going to do about today's problem!

I spent 15 years away from my beloved Camberwick Green; 7 in Salty Town and 8 in another place. During that time, I met many shady characters; drug dealers, racists, homophobes, swindlers et al ... !

Received the election blurb today and, to my horror, I realised that one of those awful people is standing in the May 2nd elections (won't say which party!)

I have to speak out; will start tomorrow!

MrsShrek3 Mon 15-Apr-13 23:51:13

[gets kitty-poking stick ready]

ahh, he means me then <preens ogre hair>

My two like it hmm strange people that they are DD was due on Christmas eve shock but thankfully (!) she turned up 4 weeks early. She thinks it is fab and we have her b'day before putting christmas decs up and she gets the pick of all the new xmas stock in the shops. DS1 otoh has a b'day after christmas, and as he likes gagetry he is wise enough to ask for money and then hit the sales, the wise boy. I think kids are very accomodating tbh and a birthday is exciting whenever it is.
All of that said, if they are having a bike or an outdoorsy toy of any expensive larger proportion, they tend to get it in the summer, understanding that it's part of their birthday present and that there may not be a "big" present at actual birthday time, as they've had it in advance. If that's the case, they will usually get new helmet/bits for the bike at birthday time and often trips out and the like. The only bummer I have to say is dd's birthday. Everything reliably shoots up in price for December so the poor bugger has never had a party on her actual birthday. She's had plenty trips out, friends with us on treats, weekends away, but no actual party at b'day. She has had summer (unbirthday/end of school) parties, but that's the only downer imho. Which is more than made up for by the magical time of year, and she milks loves it.

jynier Tue 16-Apr-13 00:32:24

My oldest nephew was born on Boxing Day; told my bro that it was a stupid day for a b'day! 4 years later, my DS was born on same day!

Nephew loves his b'day - always has a huge celebration and, usually, a fancy dress party accompanied by a barn dance! My son hates his despite the fact that we always used to have a special party in the summer for him so that he could enjoy outdoor toys (as MrsShrek3 says)

jynier Tue 16-Apr-13 01:22:35

Am I the only one awake? Call yourselves insomniacs??? Where's cafe?

Salbertina Tue 16-Apr-13 01:40:17

Never found you all before! Am here- awoke 209am like clockwork - wind/stress/worries w dh keeping me awake again. You?

jynier Tue 16-Apr-13 01:55:44

Hello, Sal, - You're not in the UK, are you?

Tell us about your worst worry, honey! I seem to be the only one on tonight's thread but the usual posters/ladies of wisdom plus one man will all be here later!

Minimammoth Tue 16-Apr-13 02:12:45

<Slightly sulking for being missed off appreciation list> pet lip emoticon.
Have woken from my codeine befuddlement, for a cuppa and more codein. Head still throbbing so my visit will probbly be short.
Thanks for new thread SD. Who the hell is Fiona?.

Minimammoth Tue 16-Apr-13 02:16:08

Ooo I got it. Always a bit slow.

Minimammoth Tue 16-Apr-13 02:20:48

Hello * jynie* and sal. I always find writing down all the brain garbage as If I am emptying my head is good to get me back to sleep.

Minimammoth Tue 16-Apr-13 02:21:58

Ooh. Hums to self. Perhaps they've gorn.

jynier Tue 16-Apr-13 02:27:20

Hello! *Mini," Think that the exciting news of Kitty's baby has affected everyone on the thread!

Hope that you feel better soon! How can we help Sal?

jynier Tue 16-Apr-13 02:29:34

Mini - I keep doing this (mixing-up asterisks with quotation marks! Sorry!)

Minimammoth Tue 16-Apr-13 02:35:27

Hi Jynie, don't apologise. No one is marking our workgrin unless the pedants sneak a look.
I might have to sink back into the pillows in a min. But have a hug for being on duty.

jynier Tue 16-Apr-13 02:43:10

Thank you, Mini! Wish I could get to sleep! Have a really good night and hope that you feel better soon! x (I don't know how to do those emoticons but have a virtual bouquet of flowers and a glass of champagne on me!)

jynier Tue 16-Apr-13 02:47:07

Longing for some sleep but Kitty's snoring is soooo loud!

jynier Tue 16-Apr-13 03:06:25

... am wandering around our garden to see if I can spot any early Lyrid meteors! Think that they peak in about a week's time!

jynier Tue 16-Apr-13 04:37:37

Just can't sleep! It's so silly; saw my beloved GC today/yesterday. Had a really good time with them - they are delightful! DD2 and her H are the most wonderful people who walk on this earth! Am very, very tired but so scared to go to bed - can't stand the nightmares and vivid dreams!

themidwife Tue 16-Apr-13 07:01:40

Well done Jynier for keeping the thread going while we all snore! Kitty can't help it - she's pregnant & all bodily functions go into overdrive!! grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.