Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating thread no 51

(1000 Posts)

All tales of online and real life dating here!

Snapespeare Sat 13-Apr-13 17:31:06

Nice evening/morning at namelesses. smile I wouldn't hold your collective breath for any declarations of love anytime soon, but that's OK. It's there, growing away quite nicely I think, but there's a element of caution on both sides and that's good. He thinks I'm great, I think he's great, so all is well.

Been asked if I'd like to go to his parents house next time they're away to cat sit. Yes please.

<waves at thread> will catch up with you all when I'm feeling a little DSs sleepy blush

Flipper924 Sat 13-Apr-13 17:35:23

Ah Pom, I can confirm that 'summerbody' works as well as 'holiday skin' though it turns out that they really do mean it when they say you should wash your hands thoroughly after use. Tanned legs good, orange palms bad. I've been using it twice a day for a week, and my legs and arms are no longer scary white.

I wonder if scary white is in the F&B catalogue?

Kin, that offer is nearly as scary as my legs were. I know you're amazingly attractive and wonderful and everything, but that's waaaayyyy to keen in my book.

Snapespeare Sat 13-Apr-13 17:39:07

*Little LESS sleepy.....

Kin in that case, no. Does he work? he seems to be very available. Maybe he was angling to take you home, you know your house. Through that door, settle himself of the sofa with the remote <helpful>

KinNora Sat 13-Apr-13 17:54:57

Yes, he works, if he was angling to take me to my house, 200 miles away, then I'll be needing you lot to score me some Temazapam.

<starts hyperventilating, gets paper bag >

OhWesternWind Sat 13-Apr-13 18:52:05

Have well and truly jinxed the good weather by going out and buying a new garden chair this morning!

Well, these PoF men eh! I am getting quite a few new messages off reasonably possible men but they are asking to meet up in their first or second message. I find this a bit odd - surely they would want to chat online a little bit and make sure I'm not a raving loon? But I must have had four or five like this over the last few days, never got this at all last time I was on. I am replying now saying I would rather chat a bit first but is this eagerness to meet when they have no idea of anything about me a bit of a red flag?

Could someone suggest something for me to write back to the other one who wanted to meet on Monday? I probably will meet him, but not on Monday - I want to backtrack a little bit, chat a bit more, then maybe meet in a week or two once I've met up with the other ones that I like better I'm going to have to reply soon otherwise it's just rude. Should I just tell him I can't meet next week?

Sorry, this all sounds stupid but I'm not used to this at all. Someone must have put something in the water round here.

WarmFuzzyFun Sat 13-Apr-13 18:52:22

200 milesshock I begrudge driving more than half an hour...

WarmFuzzyFun Sat 13-Apr-13 18:56:48

OWW, just tell him/them, that you what you said that you are busy Monday/whenever and would like to chat a bit online so that feel comfortable/have conversational points when/if you meet.

Meeting a stranger with whom you haven't changed even a few friendly email messages can make conversation really difficult.

How is the air traffic OWW? Are they suitable men and suitably stacked?

WarmFuzzyFun Sat 13-Apr-13 19:03:54

Have been in bed all day, being unwell is not my thing.

48, I would maybe like to clone MrR&R, perhaps cross him with Nameless and Mr Nice grin.

I have a new BF his name is Shiraz, although he is only half the man he was when we first met. I think this is a love match, he is so tasty, can't get enough of him.

KinNora Sat 13-Apr-13 19:14:12

I note BGT is on, anyone fancy trying to spot Talent Show, he of the semi-submerged genitalia ?...

is he on tonight?

KinNora Sat 13-Apr-13 19:43:28

Dunno but he auditioned - singing a song of his own composition and playing guitar

KirstyWirsty Sat 13-Apr-13 19:43:30

WFF I have a night with his cousin Mr P. Noir

KirstyWirsty Sat 13-Apr-13 19:44:59

Ps hope you feel better WFF

I may have to see if Mr Cox would like to keep me company. He's not quite as strong as Mr Noir or Shiraz and a teensy bit yellow but he's full of sparkle and rather fruity.

MirandaWest Sat 13-Apr-13 20:22:17

Hello smile <posts so I can see this on threads I'm on>

OhWesternWind Sat 13-Apr-13 21:39:14

Was he on there Nora? Goodness me, you do have a talented band of followers.

I have found a box of biscuits at the back of the cupboard! Bad, bad thing to happen as I've somehow found that there are now six fewer in there than there should be. Distracting myself with rum and PoF.

Have a new favourite on there - you know when you get that nice feeling that someone is on your wavelength? Well this one is one of them. Looks okay but am placing no reliance at all on blokes' photos any more. And I do very much like the Italian. I am meeting RickAstleyalike (who is charming) on Thursday, want to meet the Italian soon too (ruggedly handsome and also charming - I like his pictures very much but see comment above) and also this other one who I will call MrIndie and the rest can wait. That's at least two or three weeks worth of dates just there.

Oh, and guess what? The new one is . . . wait for it . . . another sodding engineer. I think I just need to resign myself to the fact that I am going to be dating engineers for the foreseeable future until the planetary alignments shift and suddenly it's all financial advisors or something.

I think I might hide my profile on Match as I am actually getting far, far dodgier characters messaging me on there than on PoF.

OhWesternWind Sat 13-Apr-13 21:41:15

Has anyone noticed the deeply dodgy side-bar advert about "Make him fall for you?" Very surprised at MN having that sort of thing on here.

mercury7 Sat 13-Apr-13 21:46:44

I think the adverts are generated by the thread content, of course we are all here posting away for free so that MN can make a profit from advertising...
such is the digital economy hmm

KinNora Sat 13-Apr-13 21:52:32

No, he wasn't on tonight, OWW - I might not own up if he does appear

(probably will. For the lolz ).

What is it with you and engineers, do you dab WD40 behind your ears before you go online ? Mr Indie sounds promising, as does Signor Italiano, I think the actual Rick Astley puts me slightly off your Astley-a-like. Not noticed the side bar.

VelvetSpoon Sat 13-Apr-13 22:08:35

Western grin at yet another engineer! I think only eating 6 biscuits shows remarkable restraint, although as I am currently ploughing through a bag of Aero bubbles, I am probably not the best judge of these things!

Nora you have to tell us who TalentShow is if he appears on BGT!

I keep having 'lucky escape' moments...a couple of old flames (well not exactly flames...sparks maybe?!) have revealed themselves to be the utter knobbers/cringily embarrassing so am thinking I am much better off without smile Likewise the Ex who surpassed his usual vile self with a few comments to the DSs. I really WOULD rather be single than have any of them in my life!

Please can we call Rick something else? Just when I think its safe to come back on the thread, there it goes

'Together forever and never to part, together forever we two...'

OWW I am vair impressed at your contingency plans for Project 'Man'. Risk Register notes Knobberdom now assessed as likelihood 3, impact mitigated down to 1, now certified as 3. Heavy reliance on Engineering Sector entered in Issues Log.

KinNora Sat 13-Apr-13 22:25:37

You utter utter git Juliette I'd forgotten that song until then grin

OhWesternWind Sat 13-Apr-13 22:27:42

Oh no Juliette - I'd forgotten about that particular gem from Mr Astley. Will call him Mr Yoga instead then as that's the other most noteworthy thing I have discovered about him (yet).

Have done VE exercise on this project, eliminated unnecessary scope creep and am focussing on three primary objectives. All future change requests now require sign off by project sponsor JulietteMontague.

Velvet ooh if I had Aeros I would have finished them by now! Hope your ds are alright, sounds like your ex has had a bit of a moment with them.

KinNora Sat 13-Apr-13 22:29:17

Velvet I think you know me well enough by now, that if I can get cheap laughs out of identifying a man on national tv who sent me a photo of his semi-submerged penis, it's a dead cert I'll do it.

What have your exes done to reveal their knobberdom ?

This thread is not accepting new messages.